by canelacaliente

Original Post

[GT] Practicing Music With the DJ Skill Does Not Fulfil Work Requirement

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Strangerville Stuff Packs: Vintage Glamour, My First Pet, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living, Nifty Knitting
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a Sim in the Entertainer career 2. Have the work daily task to practice music 3. Have a Sim practice music using the DJ booth
What happens when the bug occurs? The progress for the daily task does not increase. It stays at Just Started. The Sim switches from practicing to playing music.
What do you expect to see? The Sim not to switch to playing music. The progress for the daily task to increase.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Related to:  [OPEN] [GT] Sims in DJ Skill Don't Stay Practicing Music 

Message 1 of 6 (620 Views)

Re: [GT] Practicing Music With the DJ Skill Does Not Fulfil Work Requirement

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@canelacaliente 

As a DJ booth is not a musical instrument I fail to see how you could see this as being a way to practice music.

Edit:

Also see this thread. [BY DESIGN] Singing/w Guitar/Piano Does't Count As Practice Music - Answer HQ (ea.com)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (587 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hi @canelacaliente !  I agree with @jpkarlsen in the fact that this is by design.  Just like practice singing, the DJ skill was not intended to count towards the Entertainer career tasks.  Personally, I was disappointed that practice singing doesn't count, although if the sim sings a song while playing piano or guitar, that does count toward the "play instrument" task.  Anyway, that's really the point of the task; play / practice an instrument.  So I don't think this is a bug.  It would be nice if played sims could spin at clubs through a DJ career.  They could easily make it an active career too.  Sims could select gigs then have certain tasks, based on their skill level, to get better pay.

Edit: See my recent comment below.  I tested practicing with the DJ booth and it does count towards "practice music" in the Entertainer career.  Many apologies!!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 3 of 6 (572 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@JonaO703 @jpkarlsen It is broken because it counts sometimes but not all the time  The developers need to fix it so it doesn't count at all if that is their intention.  Right now, the developers have it to where it starts to count but then the Sim switches to playing music instead of practicing.  The developers need to make it clear to the players their intentions and fix it so it never counts towards the work task.

Message 4 of 6 (532 Views)

Champion

@canelacaliente Hey!  Please accept my humble apology!  I just tested practicing on the DJ booth with a new sim in the musician career.  It actually DOES count toward the daily task. The difference is that he continued practicing and completed the task.  It took about 2 or maybe 2 1/2 hours to complete. 

DJdailytask.png

So maybe there is something going on in your game.  Do you by chance have any mods that could be causing a conflict?  Maybe a mod affecting careers or skills?  

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 5 of 6 (499 Views)

★★★ Pro
@JonaO703 It works when the Sim's skill is low. I don't use mods. When they have a higher skill level, they switch to playing music instead of practicing.
Message 6 of 6 (475 Views)