GRID LEGENDS FREEZES,CRASHES and Turns Console Off

by MORPHIUM6

Original Post

GRID LEGENDS FREEZES,CRASHES and Turns Console Off

★★★ Apprentice

Product: GRID Legends
Platform:Xbox Series X
Summarize your bug Persisting constant game freezing and crashing followed by xbox turn off completely, same as before and after update of latest patch.
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox Series X
Did you have cross-play enabled? Yes
In what game mode did the bug occur? Offline Story
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just by playing the game.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sometimes it freezes straight away, sometimes after longer time cca 5 mins, or 15 mins, 30 mins..either online or offline, story or career or race creator...anytime . I managed record with phone when playing .
What do you expect to see? Just I could play as long as I like,without game crash that turns my xbox off. I am afraid of console hardware damage when it gets constantly turning off by a game.

It occured during trial version, also when I started play in full version. I performed lots of troubleshooting steps like : reinstalling game , removing and re-adding gamerprofile, deleting local save data to delete any corrupted data and after  cloud storage too, uninstalling game and console reset into factory setup with keeping all other games installed. Several times deleted datas on cloud and again, creating new save datas with starting Story mode from begin. First time I had completed whole story mode, achieved upgrades tiers. Afrer update patch that was installed, When bug occured, I uninstalled game again, deleted local and cloud save datas, reinstalled again, created new save datas, bug caused same issue - game froze - got stuck and turned xbox off. before it happened I managed record it on phone. but files are too large. if possible somehow send, I am happy to do it. ANYWAY, GAME IS FABULOUS, TOTALLY LOVE IT, ENJOYING. got Deluxe version ,want to play it. I didn't manage notice any other bugs that I 've seen reported or described by other players as didn't get further.

Message 1 of 15 (3,764 Views)

Re: GRID LEGENDS FREEZES,CRASHES and Turns Console Off

★ Apprentice

Happens to me too. I tried every solution EA help and Xbox support told me to do and it still happened after about 15 minutes. EA help keeps telling me there’s no issue with the game so they can’t do anything. There’s clearly an issue with the game (the last patch notes even mentioned crashes) but they keep telling me they see no issues with the game. That’s so frustrating. $70 for a game I can’t play because it crashes every 15 minutes and the support for the company is telling me they see no issues. This is why people have turned on EA in recent years. Fix the game or please give me a refund. 

Message 2 of 15 (3,692 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The issue still happen even with the system update of march, reset console and reinstall the game.

the console start to have frames drop, gets hot and there is a system freeze and after few seconds a restart.

Message 3 of 15 (3,664 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Pretty much word for word what the OP said.  Play for about 15 minutes then the whole console shuts down. 

Message 4 of 15 (3,444 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@djashen Yep, same here. It's absolutely ridiculous.
Message 5 of 15 (3,406 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am having the same issues, it used to be afer long periods of playing but the last 3 times have been within 15 minutes of starting the game. 

It seems to be all modes, Ive had it shut down in story mode, career mode and multiplayer. 

Message 6 of 15 (3,384 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Damon1001 Totally same at me..I am sure they are listening, salvation from this nightmare comes..👍👏🤞
Message 7 of 15 (3,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's so frustrating, best game I've played for ages and it keeps freezing, then shuts down the Xbox. For them to deny an issue exists is sheer blindness and doesn't say much for their opinion of the community who plays the game, unlike their quality team.

Console: Series X

Game mode: Career

Message 8 of 15 (3,263 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@s0ggylettuce No worries, they are hardly working on fix, I know it, it isbug that needs much more time to identify and solve, but fix is in investigation and fix progress.
yes, you are right..BEST GRID EVER TO DATE..our patience gives its fruit😉👍
Message 9 of 15 (3,248 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone,

This is something we've been investigating. When you have the chance can you add your information to the following thread, if you haven't already? 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Xbox-Series-X-S-Crashes-Info-Requested-from-Dev-Team/td-p...

Thank you!

Kent.png
Message 10 of 15 (3,177 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help