GM3 Matchmaking not pairing with others

★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4 Pro
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Stronghold
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Heart of rage but really anything
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 3
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Colossus
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. matchmaking
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 11.05.19 15:03
Summarize your bug Not getting paired with others
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play gm3
What happens when the bug occurs? no one to play with
What should be happening instead? Fun, chaos, and destruction

I'm not getting paired with anyone on matchmaking for gm3 for most anything. Is there really no one playing gm3 or is something broken? I can go play gm2 and quickly get paired with a full group with gear score also well into the 700s which should be able to float through a gm3 run. on the rare occasion that i do get paired with a single other player, if we do wipe they are no longer there after respawn. i realize they might have given up but it just seems odd. No one ever gets paired into the instance after its started either, I've lasted quite a long time solo in a gm3 run slowly picking off large groups of mobs and no one ever gets added after the instance is started.

Message 1 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: GM3 Matchmaking not pairing with others

★★★★ Novice

Some more details, this seems to be when trying to start my own run. If i go in on random stronghold mode it pairs me with people. Seems like matchmaking could use a couple features, one that would be nice is if you want to start a fresh run then drop you into freeplay if it cannot immediately fill a full group and then once the group is full and everyone confirms drop into the instance.

Message 2 of 3 (171 Views)
Highlighted

Re: GM3 Matchmaking not pairing with others

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The reason seems to be that it takes so long to kill something on GM3+ that people rather play lower difficulties because they can finish runs faster thus increasing theyr chance of getting something. Because the chance for a good drop does not considerably increase with higher difficulty. At least not as much to compensate for the longer playing time.

I ran into that info reading several Anthem reviews and watching Anthem reviews on yt in the past month. 

Message 3 of 3 (104 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help