by GiardiniDiMarzo

Original Post

[GF] [SE] Celebrity Quirk overwriting effects of Lifestyle perk

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for the kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get the Health Food Nut lifestyle from Snowy Escape and then get the Refined Palate celebrity quirk from Get Famous
What happens when the bug occurs? The Refined Palate celebrity quirk seems to overwrite the Health Food Nut lifestyle perk. Upon getting the celebrity quirk, I no longer receive the moodlets for a healthy meal (health food nut) and instead only get the excellent food moodlet (celebrity quirk). I have also received notifications alerting me that my Health Food Nut lifestyle is fading away, even though I am continuing to eat the food that got me the perk in the first place.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to have all of the effects from both this lifestyle and celebrity quirk and for them to not interfere with or overwrite each other.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Issue is as described above.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 6 (478 Views)

Re: Celebrity Quirk overwriting effects of Lifestyle perk

★★★★★ Expert
@Rebekyy I have the same setting as you and in fact I only receive the moodlet for healthy meal only when my sim cooks a healthy meal from the added menu, if he cooks a simple salad, or a caprese salad I only receive the excellent food moodlet.
Message 2 of 6 (457 Views)

EA Staff

Hello @Rebekyy 

Thanks for reaching out to us with the concern and Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Could you please help us with list of food you are seeing this issue with?

Thanks!

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 6 (402 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SimGuruRitzy In my case I can bring two examples for comparison.
a) My famous Sim receives benefits when eating healthy food only after cooking one of the special dishes on the menu “Cook Healthy Meal”. If instead he cooks any other healthy dish (Garden salad, Pasta primavera, Fruit and Yogurt Parfait, Caprese Salad, Spinach Fritatta, Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus...) he doesn't receive any benefit, because as written above it is bypassed by the "excellent food moodlet".
b) My Vampire Sim (who is not famous) got the Health Food Nut lifestyle after eating a lot of Plasma Salads and they eat only Plasma Salads, and this dish ensures the correct moodlet.
Message 4 of 6 (389 Views)

EA Staff

Thanks @GiardiniDiMarzo for the details.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 6 (380 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@SimGuruRitzy Also Caesar Salad and Fruit Salad have this problem. At this point I think all the "normal" healthy food has this problem with Famous Sims with that particular quirk.
Message 6 of 6 (333 Views)