Re: [GF] [S] Children/Teens can't quite after-school activities

by JML321

Original Post

Re: [GF] [S] Children/Teens can't quite after-school activities

★ Novice

I am having this issue as well. I got a screenshot of the dialog when it comes up but my teen was able to quit, it showed 'Quit Job' when they aged up to teen. 

Message 11 of 20 (4,524 Views)

How to quit scouting

★★★ Newbie

Where is the option to quit after school activities now?  My sims are in scouting, and I can't find the option to quit.

Message 12 of 20 (4,527 Views)

Re: How to quit scouting

Hero
@answer2trouble I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 20 (4,500 Views)

Re: How to quit scouting

★★★ Novice

Teens can quit scouts via the phone under “quit job.”  Children can’t quit scouts at the moment until they age up, it seems.  I wish they would fix it.  I think the issue is from when they updated phones.  Not sure why they got rid of that option.  I typically quit once my Sims get the scouting aptitude trait so that I get my weekend afternoons back to work on skills with my newly earned skill boost.  It seems if you just don’t go to scouts you lose responsibility (if you have parenthood), so if the responsible reward trait is important to you, it’s best just to go until you age up.  Alternately you could do extra credit, a school project (which will raise skills), and brush your teeth several times to counteract the loss of responsibility from skipping scouts. 

Message 14 of 20 (4,496 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [GF] [S] Children/Teens can't quit after-school activities

★★★★ Pro

Does anyone know if there's a workaround for this? Like a cheat? The only cheat I found via google was "remove_career Scout", but it doesn't work.

Message 15 of 20 (2,186 Views)

★ Guide

I'm still having this issue in my game...

Message 16 of 20 (2,091 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If you want a cheat work around I suggest the mod method:

MCCC core mod with cheats module. from the child sim click on the mc command center from the pie menu.  choose mc cheats.  choose cheat sims info.  choose career cheats.  choose quit job. choose quit scouts.

OR

The cheat code method:

The cheat code to quit careers in general is careers.remove_career [career] and the designation for the scout career is simply scout (singular, not plural)

Having said that I have never used the cheat code because I use MCCC for most of my cheats so i am not sure if this command line will work for scouts or not. A very comprehensive list of cheat codes can be found on the simscommunity.info site under the "originals" menu.

My child was able to quit the scouts and she retains her hard earned Scouting Aptitude trait reward. hope this helps.  love and luck.

Message 17 of 20 (1,999 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@Kira_BTH-A This cheat worked, thank you! ^^
Message 18 of 20 (1,787 Views)

★ Novice
I thought it could be because children wouldn't be able to quit on their own, maybe their parents/caregiver would have to do that for them. But the option doesn't show either.
Message 19 of 20 (1,021 Views)

★★ Apprentice

seem like this problem is back. 

Message 20 of 20 (70 Views)