by Gednaa

Original Post

[GF] More than Two actors in a household causes limited 'Perform Scene' actions

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Eco, Coll Kitchen, spooky, Movie hangout, Kids Room, Fitness, Toddler, Laundry Day, My first Pet, Tiny Living, Paranormal
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? -
What happens when the bug occurs? So only two actors in my household can act and get all the prepping interactions.
What do you expect to see? All actors in household being able to do prep tasks for acting gigs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I had all 8 sims in the same household in the acting career and always found that there were no options to practise certain scenes for their gigs.  I had to keep finding gigs without the missing options!  Now here's the thing.  I retired them all from acting, got one back into the career and, hey presto! All the options for performing scenes were there.  I experimented, added a second sim into the acting career.  Still worked.  Added a third for experimentation... No options! only Scifi or Action Scenes. Got the third actor to quit his job...  So now I'm going to see after they've done their gigs if a third can be added while the others haven't got gigs lined up.  I will come back and report my findings.  However, I would like to know if there is a limit to how many actors you can have per household (if there is a limit) or if this is a bug.  Have posted this in the general thread, but no response, so reporting as a possible bug.  Thanks everyone, if you can shed light on this!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (726 Views)

Re: [GF] More than Two actors in a household causes limited 'Perform Scene' acti

★★★★★ Guide
@Gednaa Okay I promised I'd come back with findings...

If you have more than two gigs at a time, the other sims won't be able to get all options to prep. So I have 3 actor sims so far, 2 have gigs and that seems to be working. there is a "but" though. I noticed, not just today but before, that certain acting gigs can't be chosen. My sims are all level 10, so I don't know why this is happening. But the bottom line seems to be that you can't have more than 2 gigs booked in succession. If 2 actors are waiting for the day to come to do their gigs, don't line up anymore work, if you want all prepping options. Wait and then get your other 2 actors a gig. Then you can prep to your heart's content! I hope this makes sense. Is this a bug or by design? Thanks. I guess it must seem strange to have a household with all 8 sims acting, but that's why I got Get Famous.
Message 2 of 3 (694 Views)

Re: [GF] More than Two actors in a household causes limited 'Perform Scene' acti

★★★★★ Guide

Just to let you know, I have found that having more than 3 members of the household in the acting career stops the romantic and horror actions. I had added a 4th actor and only one had a gig lined up, but no options for romantic or horror. So is this by design? I'd really like to find out from a Dev here. So to clarify, only 3 actors allowed in one household. Thanks again.

Message 3 of 3 (661 Views)