by Kniladyecko

Original Post

[GF] Column won't rotate on corners

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.129.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? place the brick column from get famous on an outside corner where two walls meet.
What happens when the bug occurs? the column is stuck rotated diagonally when placed on a corner
What do you expect to see? the column rotated straight forward when placed on a corner
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Unsure if this is a bug or just a very annoying feature of this particular column; but when placed on a corner, the column snaps diagonally and refuses to rotate any other way. It places just fine on a fence or half wall- it only does this on normal walls.

I have move objects on, and I've tested every other column in the game. The other columns work fine, it's only this one for some reason.

11-01-22_4-00-56 PM.png
   I've started a new game both with and without mods but the issue still persists. I've also tried reloading the lot, going to a different lot, restarting the game, placing the column on a fence corner then changing the fences to normal walls, destroying the wall and replacing it, bulldozing the lot, and rotating with both the keyboard and the rotate buttons, but nothing has worked. I haven't found any workaround as of yet. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 2 (872 Views)

Re: [GF] Column won't rotate on corners

Hero

@Kniladyecko 

I tested this and yeah, you're right, that column won't turn on matter what you do.  Every other column I tested would, just not that one.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2 (775 Views)