by poptart52

Original Post

[GF] Celestial Crystal Crown not working

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions; all game packs except star wars; kitchen stuff, kids room stuff, moschino, movie hangout stuff, pet stuff, paranormal stuff, patio stuff, spooky stuff, tiny living, vintage glamour stuff; bust the dust, courtyard oasis kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy the crystal crown, mount a crystal, and wear crown. Alternatively, buy the crown, wear the crown, and then mount a crystal.
What happens when the bug occurs? Lights showing the level of efficiency of the crown do not happy. Crystal mounting spot and the lights all remain white. No boost happens. No embarrassed moodlet after several hours of wearing the crown.
What do you expect to see? Crystal mounting spot changing to the color of the crystal mounted, and the lights on the sides showing a color for the level of efficiency (green, red, etc.). Embarrassed moodlet after four hours of wearing the crown once the crystal's effects are used up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have tried multiple times with multiple types of crystals, as well as on multiple sims in various emotional states. When I first used the crown in this save it worked. After that it has not worked and I can't figure out why. It doesn't look like this particular issue has been posted about on the forums or on reddit. 

I've tried resetting the crown, resetting the sim, removing CC and mods, updating , etc. and nothing has worked. The Crown doesn't ever show the crystal color or efficiency meters. Even the first time when I used the crown, I don't think it showed the crystal color or the meters. 

Update: It randomly just started working again? I had it on my sim and noticed she had the moodlet that she was too hot, realized it was from the "crown" and removed it. she got the "fashion faux pas" embarrassed moodlet. I tried a different crystal and now the crystal is showing up and the lights are green. Literally no change, I am playing the same game, same save, have not restarted since it last didn't work. 

Previously it did not give me the "remove crystal" option (because it wasn't displaying a crystal) but now it does. It seems to be connected to very specific crystals? So the amethyst from one sim didn't work, but the amethyst from another sim IS working for the crown (other crystals have so far not worked at all. Will keep experimenting and updating). 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 1 (555 Views)