Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [GF] All Sims Famous after patching

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every single pack except the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Having Get to famous turn on in the gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Everyone is famous, I Had only one sim of mine be famous, Went into the world and everyone that wasn't famous is famous now. (I did not put any cheats to get everyone famous)
What do you expect to see? Sims that aren't famous go back to being a regular sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi EA, After I updated my game today 7/26 I seem to be running with bug. I'm currently playing Get Famous and since the update everyone in my game is either B-Lister or Global Star when my sim was the only global star and also some of the sims that come with the Get Famous Pack. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 67 (16,058 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [GF] All Sims Famous after patching

Hero

Sims without Fame no longer occasionally appear to have it.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.375/1.62

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 67 of 67 (8,420 Views)

All Replies

Re: [GF] All Sims Famous after patching

★ Guide

I have the same issue, although not all sims are famous, it just says they are global superstars (even Grim, but that's true anyway😂) but once I checked the actual fame'"meter", it shows they are still nobodiesm. So at least for me it's only a problem that it says everyone is a global superstar even if they are not.

Message 2 of 67 (15,962 Views)

Hero
@Bnibuilds You mean the tag says that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 67 (15,935 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ValeriaD17 I'm having the same issue. About 50% of NPC Sims are coming up as Proper Celebrity
Message 4 of 67 (15,914 Views)

★ Guide

I'm having the same problem, but when I go into the Sim's actual fame menu they aren't famous. It's even happening to pets 😭 this update is so buggy

Message 5 of 67 (15,827 Views)

Sims randomly become celebrities

★★ Novice

Platform:PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed?: Every EP, GP, SP and kits

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open an existing save or create a new save and play with a sim for a few minutes 

What happens when the bug occurs? The played sim and most other non played Sims will have a random celebrity level,played sim will not have any celebrity points and quirks ,but you can have celebrity interactions with other sims, when traveling to other lots ,the Sims will change levels.

What do you expect to see? Less sims randomly becoming celebrities

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None at the moment

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes

Please describe the patch or change you made. Issue happens since latest patch 

Message 6 of 67 (15,584 Views)

Everyone is a celebrity

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Alll expension packs, all game packs except My wedding stories and Journay to Batuu, some of the stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play or create a sim and make them gain fame.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the sim has a star of fame, everyone has one. Every sims are celebrity because of this bug.
What do you expect to see? That only some of the sims are celebrities.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The free patch before the High School Years expension

Message 7 of 67 (15,649 Views)

Re: Everyone is a celebrity

★★★★★ Apprentice
@limee17 I have the option "Sims begin opted-out of fame" and yet the repair service NPC is a "Rising Star"...

And that only seems to affect NPCs that approach the lot with a celebrity in the household. The rest of the household opted out of fame, and every other Sim from the vendor off-lot to the Grim Reaper have no fame.
Message 8 of 67 (15,605 Views)

★ Guide

Yes, if you hover over their name it says global superstar in the tag. This is both for NPCs, the active household and other households created by me.

Message 9 of 67 (15,659 Views)

Re: Everyone is a celebrity

★★ Novice

For me as well, my sim is a B-lister and when I loaded in the game after the latest update, a lot of the sims I've run into are B-listers or at least notable newcomers. People I've run into just now that are B-listers are: Hugo Villareal, Morgan Fyres, Agatha Crumplebottom. But what I noticed is for the sims I mentioned, it doesn't say in the social tab that they are celebrities, only above their heads when I hover over them. I have attached images to give examples of this.

Message 10 of 67 (15,556 Views)