by JCStormy2

Original Post

Re: Another Get Famous Hair & Makeup Issue

Hero
@JCStormy2 merged threads.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 42 (1,931 Views)

★ Novice

Is your sim a Sim of color? Because I'm having the same issue and it doesn't work on sims of color but when I changed the skin tone to a white skin tone, it worked perfectly fine. And when I changed her skin back it took it all away. I even took off the custom shade of brown and gave her a OG shade. I took all hair and etc off so the Sim was completely bare. 

Message 12 of 42 (1,909 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@trea5665 Interesting. Judging from OPs pictures, their Sim is. The one I tested wasn't. I'll test my other actor then.

EDIT: Still can't duplicate but mine is male. Maybe females only ? Have to say the changes were subtle ..

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 42 (1,895 Views)

No appearance change in Make up chair

★★ Novice

My sim is an actress and when she goes to the make up chair nothing changes appearance wise. She sits in the chair the make up artist does their thing with the puff ball and everything but my sim looks exactly the same as when she sat in the chair.

I have cleared cache, repaired game, no mods 

Message 14 of 42 (1,862 Views)

Re: No appearance change in Make up chair

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Niemph i merged your post with the bug report on this.

Could you post a picture of your Sim you're having issues with ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 42 (1,837 Views)

Acting career: "Get Into Hair and Makeup" Issue

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Vintage Glamour, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have an adult sim join the acting career. When the sim goes to an acting gig, follow the "Get into Hair and Makeup" task by clicking on the styling chair.
What happens when the bug occurs? The hair/makeup stylist will go to work on the actor sim, but the actor's hair and makeup will not change. Occasionally, it will change when the stylist gives the actor sim the wrong style, but once the style is corrected, the actor will look exactly the same as they did before they sat in the stylist chair. I have no issues with getting into costume, just with the hair and makeup.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see my sim's hair and/or makeup change after the "Get into Hair and Makeup" task is completed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I used to use custom content but I removed that several years ago. I've had none since before the problem started.

Message 16 of 42 (1,761 Views)

Re: Acting career: "Get Into Hair and Makeup" Issue

Hero
@crazycatlady422 Merged your post with the current bug report.

What skin tone are you using for the Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 42 (1,734 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't remember exactly which one but I chose it from the options they have on the CAS screen.

Message 18 of 42 (1,711 Views)

Hero
@crazycatlady422 Is it a dark skin tone ? Is the Sim male or female ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 42 (1,694 Views)

★ Apprentice

It's a medium skin tone from the Neutral palette.  And the sim is a male.

Message 20 of 42 (1,666 Views)