GDI 8B campaign: civilians suicide and attack GDI

by Alser89

Original Post

Re: GDI 8B campaign: civilians suicide and attack GDI

★★★ Novice
@BioClone_Ax45 he's the one, yes! if I remember right it was always him who attacked, NOD collaborator probably Standard smile
Message 11 of 25 (1,268 Views)

★★★ Novice
its possible to complete with lots of properly placed sandbags, or pure luck, or many many saves... I just hope there is the way for devs to fix it, or I don't know - to provide explicit instructions in mission briefing Standard smile such an amazing game, but that mission... Standard smile
Message 12 of 25 (1,263 Views)

★ Novice
@Alser89 Civs move around far too frequently and on some loads one keeps shooting the hospital
Message 13 of 25 (1,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The only Civs I noticed attacking, was the ones left when I blew up Nod harvester. The driver...

Else I recommend  the tip with sandbagging a line between the village and the tiberium field just north of it. You can leave a small hole for you harvester to go though (top, right) and I dont think I ever saw any of the guys going though it.

Even so, I lost a few times due to Civs dying when my guyys shot down the choppers. At least, that is what I think happened.

Message 14 of 25 (1,212 Views)

★★ Novice
@Alser89 Mostly not actually a bug... the civis attacking are... but to stop them wandering, trap them in with walls.
Message 15 of 25 (1,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@NyergudsThe freaked out civilian randomly shooting the hospital/Moebius/your units/other civilians is not a bug. That one civilian would do that back in the day too. I always had to put down that 1 civilian (I owned CnC95 if that makes a difference, I have no idea what revision number that was). It's never "them" it's only that 1 freaked out one; it's always the same one. Yellow shirt. Doesn't just wander but does the freaked out running animation all over and takes potshots. And I always saw it as a nice touch the old school devs added; to show there's 1 civvie losing his mind.

A lot of people in here seem to be... misremembering. That one civilian is always and has always been "that one civilian."

Sure maybe a fan/unofficial patch "fixed" that (as if it were "broken" and needed "fixing..." I don't think it did...), but honestly that's irrelevant. The official game always had that 1 guy freaking out.

Message 16 of 25 (1,091 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had the same problem until I did again the commando mission and picked 8A, because it was too buggy.

I played the original game back in the day, and this mission wasn't so hard. Here I tried even to deploy the MCV near the village and sandbag it lol then I did not have room to build a refinery Standard smile)

My issues: civilian in yellow shirt attacked dr. Moebius, and all the civilians were walking into tiberium fields, dying soon after.

Message 17 of 25 (1,003 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

May be it has been like that in the original....but that does not mean it is not buggy or simply bad implemented and therefore not worth of beeing fixed. There is no doubt about it is extemly random and annoying when civilians run into tiberium fields, die and the mission gets a fail for that. The harvester AI is such a topic aswell. Dumb as hell (sometimes) and would be cool to see improvements.

I always shot that one berserking civilian...still on hardmode where you have to fight much much longer then in normal difficulty, this is a huge Problem. One of my civilian made it up the way almost to the nod base after 40 minutes of gameplay. Two are camping in my main base. Sandbagabuse or GG - does not seem right, to me. And in the end also the impression of the People playing this game counts aswell and situations like that  leave just a bad feeling.

Message 18 of 25 (911 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@jros83 wrote:

@NyergudsThe freaked out civilian randomly shooting the hospital/Moebius/your units/other civilians is not a bug. That one civilian would do that back in the day too. I always had to put down that 1 civilian (I owned CnC95 if that makes a difference, I have no idea what revision number that was). It's never "them" it's only that 1 freaked out one; it's always the same one. Yellow shirt. Doesn't just wander but does the freaked out running animation all over and takes potshots. And I always saw it as a nice touch the old school devs added; to show there's 1 civvie losing his mind.

A lot of people in here seem to be... misremembering. That one civilian is always and has always been "that one civilian."

Sure maybe a fan/unofficial patch "fixed" that (as if it were "broken" and needed "fixing..." I don't think it did...), but honestly that's irrelevant. The official game always had that 1 guy freaking out.

The mission script does not lie. The entire Neutral player side does not see GDI as allies. That's not just one guy. The only reason you only see it happening on that one guy is that he's the only one with a gun. But if any civilian buildings would get destroyed and they happen to spawn more civilians of the C1 or C7 types (the same types used as technicians) they would also attack you.

And there is no "freaking out" involved; that is the normal behaviour for civilians while waiting for their weapon cooldown to finish so they can take 10 more shots.

And if such an armed civilian decides to attack Dr Mobius, you are given the choice between letting a vital mission target get killed, or personally killing another vital mission target. You are only allowed to lose 8 civilians before the mission fails.

So, no, that is not intended behaviour. It is most certainly a bug.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 19 of 25 (2,991 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This issue has been present since the original game was launched in 1995. 8B has always been a luck-based mission. I find it much better to ignore this mission and play 8A instead.

Would be nice to see some tweaks to the civilian AI within the remaster to stop this from happening.

Message 20 of 25 (834 Views)