Original Post

Highlighted

GBA not dispelling Rey

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Gane mechanics
OS Version Na
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug In battle with Geonosian Brood Alpha vs Rey: Rey starts off battle with her ability that gives allies Critical hit immunity buff. I try to use GBA'S ability that removes all buffs from enemies, yet the buff on Rey remains. Kenobi is also in the opposing squad and his unique says that any ally who is critically hit during a turn gains the crit immunity buff. I have tried targeting other allies while using the dispel ability to prevent other geos from critically hitting Rey yet the buff remains on Rey. Nothing in Reys kit indicates this specific buff can't be dispelled.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run GBA with at least one other geo vs Rey and at least Kenobi. Rey typically uses lifeblood in her first move giving her the crit immunity buff. When gba goes use his 2nd ability (dispel all opponent buffs). Do not target Rey on this attack.
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country Usa

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Game mechanics
OS Version Not applicable
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 349336825
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug In battle with Geonosian Brood Alpha vs Rey: Rey starts off battle with her ability that gives allies Critical hit immunity buff. I try to use GBA'S ability that removes all buffs from enemies, yet the buff on Rey remains. Kenobi is also in the opposing squad and his unique says that any ally who is critically hit during a turn gains the crit immunity buff. I have tried targeting other allies while using the dispel ability to prevent other geos from critically hitting Rey yet the buff remains on Rey. Nothing in Reys kit indicates this specific buff can't be dispelled.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run GBA with at least one other geo vs Rey and at least Kenobi. Rey typically uses lifeblood in her first move giving her the crit immunity buff. When gba goes use his 2nd ability (dispel all opponent buffs). Do not target Rey on this attack.
Connection Type
Please select your region North America
Country Usa

Message 1 of 7 (541 Views)

Re: GBA not dispelling Rey

@nerfherder134 Hi, thanks for the report!

GBA’s special ability Glaive removes all buffs (including Crit immunity) from all opponents, and then deals damage to all of them. If the opposing team has a General Kenobi, then any opponents (including Rey) that are critically hit will gain a new instance of Crit immunity.
Since the attack hits everyone, it doesn’t matter which opponent you have targeted with Glaive. Do you think this could be what’s happening?

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the response.

I'm not sure what you indicated is what is happening.   When I target someone other than Rey, say Finn or Poe, I use Glaive sweep, which is supposed to clear the buffs and then deal damage and inflict expose.  And then, the remainder of my Geos will attack my target (due to Brood's unique).  In what I am experiencing, Rey's buff never gets cleared.  This is what happens when I have GBA, Spy and Brut in the lineup.  

Compare to when I add Sun Fac.  In this instance, I targeted Rey (so sun fac could dispel when the geos are called to assist).  When I select Glaive sweep, sun fac clearly removes her buff (but it does get reapplied due to Spy landing a critical hit). 

The difference is distinct.  In one attempt, the buff never gets removed when I select the dispel ability, but in the other, it clearly dispels and then gets reapplied. 

Message 3 of 7 (492 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @nerfherder134 and thank you for the report.

We've tested this today with GBA, Geo Spy, and the summoned Geo Brute against Galactic Legend Rey and Kenobi, and the Critical Hit Immunity was correctly dispelled with GBA's "Glaive Sweep" and then re-applied to Rey from General Kenobi's unique ability "Soresu".

If you can provide us with more details (full team compositions used, etc.) and a video, that would certainly help.

Message 4 of 7 (458 Views)

@nerfherder134 When Glaive dispels and reapplies Crit immunity, it happens effectively at the same time. Maybe at 1x speed you might see it blip.
Sun fact assisting after that would then dispel the 2nd Crit immunity - and since he deals damage before dispelling he cannot Crit. If spy critically hits after Sun Fac, then he will give the target a 3rd crit immunity buff - and since there’s a time delay between those attacks, you would be able to see it be dispelled and reapplied.

★ Guide

GBA AoE dispel is also AoE damage.

So even not targeting rey if GBA crit hits rey after the dispel it will give crit hit immunity back to her.

I suggest recording it exactly as you stated and you will see the yellow crit damage on Rey which will indicate it was removed and reapplied, along with the physical/special crit immunity toast message for rey (or any that was crit hit by GBA after the dispell

Message 6 of 7 (374 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

After reviewing, it seems like there might be a bug in the interaction between GBA's dispel ability and Rey's Critical Hit Immunity buff.

To replicate the issue, you can follow these steps:

Battle Setup:

First, set up a battle with Geonosian Brood Alpha and at least one other Geonosian against Rey and General Kenobi.

Pay attention to Rey's first move, as she typically starts with her ability that grants Critical Hit Immunity to her allies.

GBA's Action:
Then, when it's GBA's turn, use his second ability dispel all opponent my boy apk buffs. However, make sure not to target Rey with this dispel attack.

Despite this, Rey's Critical Hit Immunity buff persists, even though nothing in her kit indicates that this specific buff can't be dispelled.

Message 7 of 7 (130 Views)