GAC game forced a restart before battle

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? LG G7
OS Version Android 11
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 951546839
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Game restarted before the battle was initiated. I had not yet pressed the button to start. I was still setting up my team. When I got back in the game it showed that I had failed the battle and lost my fleet.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have the game force a random restart during character selection screen.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

This happened during ship selection when the game froze randomly and went into the pause screen. When I unpaused it there was an error message and it forced a client restart. I did not manage to write down the number that it gave me but I remember it had a 9 in it. When I got back into the game it had showed that a battle had taken place and my fleet was used without ever starting battle. How could it have if the button to start battle was never pressed? The pause screen does not have the option to start battles, only to unpause the game.

I was not having connection issues that I know of. I had successfully played 4 battles consecutively with no issues before this battle.

If a battle has not been initiated or taken place then it should not be registered as taken place. If there is a disconnect or crash or forced client restart before the battle has ever been initiated or started then it should know this and not count it. (This is not the same thing as starting a battle and having a disconnect or client restart.) I chalk it up to a bug in game.

It annoys me that players do not have a way to send error logs. The devs should have the ability to see on their end what happened and fix it.

Message 1 of 3 (254 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: GAC game forced a restart before battle

EA Live QV Team

Hi @EN6A6E 

We have the logs available to us. The game was out of sync and forced a restart shortly after the start of the battle. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (176 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @EN6A6E 

We have the logs available to us. The game was out of sync and forced a restart shortly after the start of the battle. 

Message 2 of 3 (177 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The game should allow itself to reconnect or refresh even if it has gone out of sync. It shouldn't start the battle without user input and then forfeit it. This is a serious bug and something needs to be done about it!

Message 3 of 3 (165 Views)