GAC fight progression not saved

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung S6
OS Version 7.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 214-656-366
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug After fighting in GAC, the game progression was not saved. I fought nightsisters with Geos - killed daka and then got stucked. So I let the time go down - to a draw. As I got back to GAC screen, everything was back on start, but my fight counted. Please review screenshots.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type
Please select your region Europe
Country Germany

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung S6
OS Version 7.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 214-656-366
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug After fighting in GAC, the game progression was not saved. I fought nightsisters with Geos - killed daka and then got stucked. So I let the time go down - to a draw. 3 geos were still Standing and 4 enemy chars. As I got back to GAC screen, everything was back on start (opponnent team with all 5 chars), but my fight counted. I can add screenshots as requested
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Germany

Screenshot_20200330-140910.png
Screenshot_20200330-141355.png
Screenshot_20200330-141355.png
Message 1 of 5 (326 Views)

Re: GAC fight progression not saved

@cptkarl_swgoh When you say you "got stuck" what exactly happened? Did the timer continue to count down or did it freeze? Did you actually see the "Draw" Result on screen?

★★ Novice

Hi.

With stuck, I mean, did not do a move. So I waited for time out.

And yes, got a screen, "gac time-out" reached amd then got back to the second screenshot with the overview of enemy teams.

Kr

Message 3 of 5 (291 Views)

Community Manager (retired)
@cptkarl_swgoh Hi there, from your description it sounds like the game froze/crashed which would explain why you saw the opposite team untouched after restart. If the game freezes/crashes during a GAC battle, you will not be able to re-use the same team, it will count as an attempt and the opposite team will be untouched. It's the same behavior you would see if you would force close the game during a GAC match.
Given that you are using a lower spec device it is expected it may have performance issues. What I can recommend to improve performance in game and potentially prevent this issue from re-occurring is to perform a fresh reinstall of the game, make sure you always force close the app when done playing and don't leave it running in the background, make sure you don't have any other apps running in the background while playing the game and if possible, be connected to a strong and stable network.
Hope this helps.
Message 4 of 5 (242 Views)

★★ Novice

The issue seems to be if you wait out a GAC match this can happen. It's almost like there's an idle times that happens. Had this happen to me before, so the work around I use is to just keep touching the screen every few seconds

Message 5 of 5 (194 Views)