GAC Mismatch

★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Galaxy S7
OS Version 8.0.0
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 848 434 896
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Summarize your bug Hello, Since the beginning of the gac (even the preview one), i always faced much stronger / bigger opponents. Only once i had a player with lower gp than me otherwise its always around 400-800k more gp than me. The problems is those guys often got much more g13 than me, much more toons usables and more much greats mods. I am 4.9m gp. For example this week i have in my group 1x 4.6m / 1x 5 5m and 5x 5.6m gp in my group. My first opponent is a 5.6m TI top player with 42 g13. (I have 17 g13). This guy got all the meta teams in full g13 (except geo 3/5 "only"). His whole roster is minimum at g12 except wat in g11. I am also in the same group than a guy i had last week. This guy is 5.67 and got 58 g13.. How can you enjoy this mod if you keep facing guys with much better roster than you ?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Change the criteres used to build gac group.. focusing only on the 80 best gp toons create big difference.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region Europe
Country France

Here a screenshot of my group. The first guy is the 4.6m then there are 3 TI (1x 5.5m and 2x 5.6m), and 3 randoms 5.6m

My first opponent is moby d .. 

If you say thats its a fair match, i need some explications..

Thanks for your help

Screenshot_20190904-001500_Heroes.jpg
Message 1 of 14 (982 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: GAC Mismatch

@SF_N3Y0-8826 Hi sorry you're still disappointed.

As I said earlier, the algorithm seems to be working as intended. If you have feedback for the devs about their algorithm, then https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/ is the correct place to voice it.

This forum would only be correct if the algorithm were not matching you closely based on their criteria. Let's review:
You and your opponent have very closely matched top 65 and top 80 GP. This is a top matching criteria.
You have 92 zetas to your opponent's 74. That's a pretty significant advantage.
Your opponent has 67 g13 to your 18. This is a pretty significant shift, bit because g13 isn't weighted as heavily as a zeta, these balance each other out.
Your mods are faster than his, so most of your toons should be 9-10 speed faster than his.

So it seems the algorithm is working correctly.

In the recent Q&A, the devs said they are looking at rebalancing how gear levels and zetas impact GP, which might help you out. In the meantime this match looks like a decent fight. You each have a different advantage, so whoever uses their advantages better will likely win.

View in thread

Message 7 of 14 (775 Views)

All Replies

@SF_N3Y0-8826 Usually if your get paired against players with higher GP, it's because your roster is more focused than theirs is.

This current match, you have 6 more zetas than your opponent, faster average mods, and more gear 12 pieces installed on your top 80 characters. This difference counteracts the GP from the extra g13 and 6E miss that your opponent has bought.

It looks like a tough match, but these comparisons have to take more into account than pure GP. No matter how they set matchmaking, some players will always feel they are at a disadvantage. The devs have said the goal is to minimize the matches that result in one player getting destroyed with no chance.

I don't feel your matchup would qualify for that. it looks like the matching algorithm worked as programmed, which means this isn't a bug. If you'd like to give feedback on how they programmed it, the Feedback section of the main forums is the correct spot.
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/

★★★★ Novice

Thanks for your feedbacks. I agree with you for severals point. The biggest problem is g13 isnt taken in consideration and helps a lot those who got worst mods than me (and i dont find i have excellents mods..). Those buff are just insanes. Much more interesting than just some g12 pieces .. 

This is a big advantage. Other advantage they got is they got more teams usable to clear my territories. On my side i have very limited teams to use and i need near 0 error to except to clean their territories .. thats another advantage they got. (My current opponent got his whole roster at minimum g12 ..).

If we were only allowed to used 8, or 10 teams to do our attack, ok that would work .. but thats not the case.

Message 3 of 14 (931 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As excepted i lost. I oneshot his dr compared to him who 3 shots mines. However i couldnt kill g13 toons in 2 separates teams. They were insanely strong. (That was g13 nute dooku and wat in 1 team and full g13 clones with rex who was unkillable). G13 made the dif.

And now i got another TI guy who is only 550k gp more than me lol. Twice as much g13 than me. (17 me - 35 him). 

Here we go again with a very fun match 😔

Message 4 of 14 (892 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Last round vs a 5.68m with 63 g13.

https://swgoh.gg/p/361287354/

Screenshot_20190908-043552_Heroes.jpg
Message 5 of 14 (843 Views)

★★★★ Novice

? No answer from the support, surprising. 

This week its the same story. Again and again and no change. Its sad they dont care about the players.

Message 6 of 14 (780 Views)

@SF_N3Y0-8826 Hi sorry you're still disappointed.

As I said earlier, the algorithm seems to be working as intended. If you have feedback for the devs about their algorithm, then https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/ is the correct place to voice it.

This forum would only be correct if the algorithm were not matching you closely based on their criteria. Let's review:
You and your opponent have very closely matched top 65 and top 80 GP. This is a top matching criteria.
You have 92 zetas to your opponent's 74. That's a pretty significant advantage.
Your opponent has 67 g13 to your 18. This is a pretty significant shift, bit because g13 isn't weighted as heavily as a zeta, these balance each other out.
Your mods are faster than his, so most of your toons should be 9-10 speed faster than his.

So it seems the algorithm is working correctly.

In the recent Q&A, the devs said they are looking at rebalancing how gear levels and zetas impact GP, which might help you out. In the meantime this match looks like a decent fight. You each have a different advantage, so whoever uses their advantages better will likely win.

★★★★ Novice

They doesnt take in consideration the g13 strength. A toon at g13 mean +10 speed compared to mine. Dont forget that.

I do my best and i keep loosing. I never got opponent of my gp/same number of f12/g13 for months now. They just destroyed the game experience.

And their support seems to be inexistent, no one answer. Thats very sad.

Message 8 of 14 (743 Views)

[ Edited ]

@SF_N3Y0-8826 With relics being introduced, g13 characters will increase GP much more dramatically, and you will hopefully see a shift in your matchups as a result.

And support probably didn't answer here because there is no bug, as I've said several times. The algorithm is working properly and you need to go to the main forums if your want to give feedback on it.

Good luck!

★★★★★ Novice
@SF_N3Y0-8826 I don't agree with whatever this other guy says...

If your Matchup gives you no chance to win AT ALL based on a few factors THAT MEANS that the Matchup algorythm is NOT Working properly HENCE this is a bug... +1 for your my friend...
Message 10 of 14 (666 Views)