GAC Gameplay Freeze

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Pixel 2XL
OS Version 10
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 436-665-912
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug Game freeze midbattle resulting in automatic loss.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Test the game. This occurs more often in two situations: 1) extended battle with lots of turns 2) in this specific instance, when a high potency character is going to land a substantial number of debuffs on the opposing team
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

Game froze on second move resulting in loss of GAC points in a competitive battle. 

Screenshot_20200828_180458.png
Message 1 of 7 (402 Views)

Re: GAC Gameplay Freeze

★★★★★ Newbie

This happened to me as well. Just now. This is infuriating! I would have won this round! And now I don't have a chance! I want compensation! Ally code 356-432-245

Message 2 of 7 (389 Views)

★★ Novice

Happened again. 10 seconds in. Second turn. Lots of debuffs going to be added.

Screenshot_20200828-211004.png
Message 3 of 7 (370 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @dangrbob and sorry to hear that.

We have checked the logs available to us and cannot see a reason for your game freeze/crash. Can you please follow our troubleshooting guide to try and prevent this from happening in the future. Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 7 (338 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_UltraSlide I followed the trouble shooting guide prior to the second crash with a full reinstall. I did note that there was mobile data was on with a weak connection but wifi was strong. Perhaps it's how your code handles this scenario? Also it appears it's doing a server check at that point into the battle. Please either pull this forward prior to start or make sure it doesn't overload memory resources in the battle. I've determine my work around is to wait 20 seconds to start playing, but that's obviously not ideal and could still be the cause of failed matches (e.g. Revan mirror, Malak solos, high-tenacity KRU)
Message 5 of 7 (324 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_UltraSlide just crashed again. this seems ridiculous. 1st wave of territory battle. 0 pts registered. No option to attack or reuse characters.
Message 6 of 7 (314 Views)

★ Guide
@dangrbob , yeah the game is unstable since the Unity Engine update, but no communication yet and the only answer you will get is what they always copy/paste to all the post related to a freeze:

"We have checked the logs available to us and cannot see a reason for your game freeze/crash. Can you please follow our troubleshooting guide to try and prevent this from happening in the future. Hope this helps!"

And since when they post this, it is accepted as a solution and never answer back again even if you tag them, this is a * attitude just to "improve" their stats...

I browsed the french EA Answer HQ and the officials always asking to the OP to mark their answer as a solution when it does resolve their issue or if it should be investigated, not this absurd answer and accepting their own answer as a solution !
Message 7 of 7 (266 Views)