Re: GA matchmaking: More than 1M GP difference in GA, much higher top X characte

by EA_HighCommand

Original Post

GA matchmaking: More than 1M GP difference in GA, much higher top X character GP

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A Prime
OS Version 7.1.2 N2G47H
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 775-162-886
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug More than 1M GP difference between my GA opponents and I. I'm sure their top 60(?) characters GP is way higher than mine.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just take a look on my roster and my GA opponents rosters (not the current one, all of them).
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Hungary

I know a lot of people are arguing about the GA matchmaking but what happened to me is just ridiculous.
I'm in division 5 and got opponents from division 3, from the top5, there is more than 1m GP difference between us. I'm sure their top 60 characters has way more GP than mine.
I think the matchmaking was based on the league, but we are not in the same league if you know what I mean. I reached Chromium league but Chromium league in division 5 and division 3 is not the same, right? It's just not fair, I have no chance to win against them. Where is the balance?
If I hold back my GAC points a bit, then I stay in Bronze league and get easier opponents? This is how it works? People who were worse in GA than me have advantage now in the overall ranking because they will be able to win and I'm not. Holding back GP because of GA was a strategy to win easier. You tried to make it more balanced and it felt more balanced until now. Now we have to hold back our GAC score and try to not reach higher leagues? It's kind of the same thing and GAC feats should be skipped to do that. I don't think it's what you wanted.
I think league shouldn't matter, the top X character GP should.
Are you planning to compensate people like me? Can you at least tell me how does the matchmaking work exactly?
GA is the feature I enjoy the most but I'm really desperate now. This issue affects the next 20 days of my game experience. I wanted to stay in the top 100 at least in overall ranking but now that goal seems unreachable.

Message 1 of 5 (399 Views)

Re: GA matchmaking: More than 1M GP difference in GA, much higher top X characte

★★★ Newbie
@nadriltomcsi did you ever get an answer?
I have the same issue and it is really frustrating because you basically have no chance in GA!
Message 2 of 5 (367 Views)

★★ Novice

You can check top x character gp here easily, if you are concerned.

https://swgohevents.com/gp-compare

Message 3 of 5 (362 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @nadriltomcsi and thank you for the report.

For matchmaking, the viable GP is considered which can vary greatly from the overall GP of a player. In your case, your viable GP is higher than your opponents one for round 1. And it looks like you won the round, so the matchmaking appears to be working fine, right?

Message 4 of 5 (330 Views)

★★ Novice

No, I think it's not. I think there is a misunderstanding, I was talking about the 7 possible opponents I got in GA.
You just admitted that, my viable GP was higher than my opponent's viable GP. Yes, I won the 1st GA.
I was talking about the 2nd GAC round (2nd GA), where I had no chance, I already knew when I checked my possible opponents that I will lose 2 matches. I won the first with 1 point, then lost two.
In the 3rd GAC round I got easy opponents again, so I'm sure it's not just about the viable GP.
What I was trying to tell in the post, it looks like the league and the position also matters. I reached the Chromium league top 5 in Division 5 so I got opponents from the Division 3 top 5. If you consider a 2,5m GP player and a 3,6m GP player, the viable characters of the 3,6m GP player will be much stronger for sure. Especially if they are the top players of their division.
So if you play hard and try to get a better position in the first rounds (first GAs), you probably will get unbeatable opponents. The conclusion is, it's not worth it to bother with feats and extra points because you can't keep your position. As I can see, the best strategy is to keep yourself around 500 or so and play hard only in the last GAC round. I don't think that's what you wanted.
I still think that the differences are so significant, the likelihood of that it was only bad luck is really low.

Message 5 of 5 (299 Views)