GA fleet combat result bad addition

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Samsung Galaxy J6
OS Version 9 (Kernel 3.18.91-17451321)
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 682668976
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug In #1 week of GAC, in 3th match, in the last combat (fleet combat), the score (what i have achieved) added is a bad addition.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you look at the full match in my GAC log.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Hungary

In #1 week of GAC, in 3th match, in the last combat (fleet combat), the score (what i have achieved) added is a bad addition. (04.13 2020) (opponent ally code: 539559849)
Before fleet combat i had a 1521 point (enemy: 1733)
I started the battle with 3 start line ship and only 3 reinf, and lost one ship, and earn 63 points. I was happy for it because I knew it was over 59 and I won. Stepping out on the strategic map, however, I saw that the score was the same. What? I didn't score 59 points! It was clearly a wrong scoring/addition. Maybe the reason for the mistake was that: Malevolence was my capital ship and the extra summoned vulture droids spoils the scoring. Yet that should not be taken into calculating.
Unfortunately, I don’t have a screenshot of the fight result, I didn’t think there could be anything wrong.

Screenshot_20200413-143541_Heroes.jpg
Message 1 of 6 (437 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: GA fleet combat result bad addition

@QwantD For the purposes of a GA score, an "unused spot" is one where you had the option to place a unit, but you chose to leave it empty.

For a reinforcement spot, a reinforcement unit that you place but never summon counts as a "surviving unit with full health and protection" (3 points), but if you left the spot unused, it would be worth 4 points.

Hope this helps for the future!

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (328 Views)

All Replies

@QwantD Hey, thanks for the report!

Currently there is a visual bug if you use a capital ship below 7 stars. The inaccessible reinforcement spot displays as "4 Points for Unused Spot", but that isn't (and shouldn't) be actually added to your score. Since you can't use anything there, the game doesn't give you credit for it being empty.

You actually earned 59 points from the battle, but the display was in error. Here's hoping the tie breaker goes your way!

★★★ Newbie

This is very wrong. Distinguish between not having access to it and intentionally skipping it. If I had access (but I don't put 4. directly) it would be +4 points. For the same fight. If I knew that, I would never have attacked him because that’s -4 points anyway. In other words, the opponent has a handicap. It's all very frustrating. A tie break is not good for me. This is the other nonsense. Why can't the victory point be halved.

Back to my problem. I don't think this is a visual bug. Where is it described, e.g. ingame, how is this for 5 * capital? Anywhere. Frown
What if someone wins a battle for the first time with 3 * capital? Instant knockout because -12 points.

Message 3 of 6 (392 Views)

@QwantD Sorry you're unhappy, but the visual bug is that it showed you 4 points for unused. If that bug didn't exist, the score would have showed you the 59 points you should have earned.

The bonus points for unused spots is to reward players who intentionally use fewer units then their maximum - a reward for the risk. You filled every spot available, so minimized your risk.

Malevolence usually doesn't need to summon anything after Geo Spy - if your battle was close, you should have left 1-2 reinforcements empty to maximize points.

You can find the description in the scoring details in GA. It's 4 points for an "unused slot bonus" - but if the slot is locked, you don't have it. A 4 star capital ship will have two locked reinforcement spots and have 6-8 points lower scoring potential than a 7 star ship.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I didn't even use 2 reinf.. So if I know this is how it works, I won’t take another one. I know what i risked. So here you can explain what unused means. Well, I didn't use it. In this GA, 1 point also decides and it is now 4. I still maintain that it’s bad that way. If it were written in ingame help that "if the reinf. slot is not available: -4 points", it would be fine. And how many can look at it similarly and have no idea because they don’t add up the points.

Message 5 of 6 (356 Views)

@QwantD For the purposes of a GA score, an "unused spot" is one where you had the option to place a unit, but you chose to leave it empty.

For a reinforcement spot, a reinforcement unit that you place but never summon counts as a "surviving unit with full health and protection" (3 points), but if you left the spot unused, it would be worth 4 points.

Hope this helps for the future!