GA bug

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPhone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPhone 10R
OS Version iOS 12.1.2
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 836-524-418
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Matched with someone who was able to place 4 more defensive squads than me
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

My opponent was able to place 3 squads per territory in this round of GA, while I was only able to place 2 squads per territory

Overview.jpg
Allied Squads.jpg
Enemy Squads.jpg
Message 1 of 5 (268 Views)

Re: GA bug

If you look at your screenshots, your defensive zones have “2/3”,which means you left one spot empty that could have been filled.

There’s currently a visual bug so that the overhead view only displays two of the squads, regardless of the number.

★★ Novice

I realize that, but definitely I was not able to place 3 squads. My other two opponents had 2 squads in each territory as well.

No offense to you @GladOS-013, but I would appreciate an inquiry from an actual employee about this, and not just a volunteer who is unable to look into the details about what happened here.

Message 3 of 5 (206 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@GladOS-013 Is correct in his explanation. While we haven't confirmed yet if it's a bug or just a UI limitation, a max of 2 leader holograms are displayed per territory regardless of the amount of squads you can place. From the screenshots you provided you could place the same amount of squads as your opponent (this is working as intended).

We haven't seen any case where the UI shows you can place 3 squads where you can actually place only 2. But if you do encounter such a situation, can you please provide a video showing the issue so we can investigate further?

Thank you.

Message 4 of 5 (188 Views)

★★ Novice

The thing about that is, I was not able to place 3 squads in any of my rounds this time, and neither were my opponents until the last round...I had no way of knowing that I should take a video or screenshots until the defense stage was complete...at which point I don't have any way of proving that...there were others who had the same issue as me (as I know you saw). No way we all just decided to post 1 fewer defense than allowed and then came back and tried to report as a bug.

Also, I understand about the UI bug allowing only 2 leader holograms to show, but this doesn't affect how I was unable to choose to place another defense in each territory...only what leaders can be displayed after I've set defenses.

Message 5 of 5 (170 Views)