GA - Wrong amount of defensive squads

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? All
OS Version Up to date
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 453621327
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Wrong amount of squads shown for defense
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type
Please select your region
Country

When setting defense in the current GA, it only gave me the option to set two squads per zone. When the attack phase opens, I see my opponent has set 3 squads per zone, he has more points than I do, and my zones are 2/3. The zones also only show 2 teams each. I was only allowed 2 squads per zone during defense. 

Message 1 of 10 (865 Views)

Re: GA - Wrong amount of defensive squads

★★★ Novice

I have this same exact problem. I was only provided 2 circles in each territory for a total of 8 squads. Upon launch of attack phase, my opponent displays 2 squads but it says he has 3/3 set. For me it says only 2/3 squads set. 

I took screenshot of the table after I had set my defensive squads. I have attached that along with current display of mine and my opponent's territory.

I subsequently realized that I should have been presented with 3 squads to fill in each front territory, but I was never given option to set 3 squads.

Screenshot_20181222-143159_Heroes.jpg
Screenshot_20181222-183749_Heroes.jpg
Screenshot_20181222-183759_Heroes.jpg
Message 2 of 10 (820 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Last time I had 2 slots. This time I had 2. Then attack phase starts and it says 2/3 and I'm 150+ banners behind. Please stop cramming bugged content down our throats
Message 3 of 10 (809 Views)

★★★ Novice

Apparently we missed the "2/3" in small print.

Apparently, it only displays the 2 slots even when there are 3 squads needed.

Very easy to miss when you're just trying to get territories set.

Message 4 of 10 (799 Views)

★★ Novice
I and others in my guild fell victim to the same bug. While I'm pretty sure it only offered me 2 slots when I placed my defenses (besides only showing two in the overhead), I can't swear to it. It may have offered 3 slots once I entered. However you figure it, this is a bug, though. If there is a layout limitation such that only 2 teams can be shown per territory in the overhead, we definitely need a visual indicator that there are more. Such as a "+" symbol shown inside the territory. Perhaps green when you need to place that defensive squad yet, then blue once you've placed it. During attack phase, it could be gone when they are under 3 squads in the zone, and otherwise a colored "+" symbol. Perhaps blue on defense side and red on offensive side.
Message 5 of 10 (789 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So i get that it’s a visual bug, but this has to be addressed by EA/CG because this is terrible.  You might have cost several people their chance to win their match.

Message 6 of 10 (778 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Right, and now that our TW rewards are being implemented into these GA’s this is absolutely unacceptable. 

Message 7 of 10 (770 Views)

The tw rewards aren’t being rolled into these. They are sending 4 separate inbox emails, each corresponding to a “winning” tw reward in the 160M bracket.

The zetas you can win in this Ga are above and beyond.

★ Guide

Same here...people are claiming it's impossible and folks like us just somehow"missed it". I know for a fact that after I set my 2 front teams that the "set defense" bar greyed out and there was no option to add a third squad. My opponent did the exact same thing. 

This 3v3 GA is a hot mess, and I for one want compensated for this level of stupid.

Message 9 of 10 (747 Views)

Players in the 4M+ bracket of the 5vs5 had a similar issue, with many players missing the 3rd squad in the front zone setup.

Unfortunately, if there is a glitch that this, it can't be effectively reviewed or corrected after the fact.

If you had tried to set defenses and had the bar gray out after 2 squads - a screenshot of that plus a report here *during the setup phase* would give QA support an opportunity to view the error in real-time. If there were an error with your account, they could potentially fix it and allow you to set full defense.

This is why timely bug reports are much more helpful than retroactive reports. It's similar to people who say they didn't see the GA or TW signup phase. The server logs usually just show that a player didn't sign up, but won't give any clues about why they didn't sign up. If QA can review the account during the active signup phase, they might see an element missing from the client that is the reason for the signup phase not showing.

I know at least a half dozen players in my guild just missed it - they had no idea that 3 squads could be set, because the top-down map only shows two spots. So this is definitely an issue having an impact on players.