G12 finisher can't be applied to correct toon

★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPad Pro
OS Version 12.3.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 989547899
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Game glitched back to wrong toon and crafted g12 finisher can't be applied to correct toon.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? craft a g12 finisher on a toon then try to apply it to another toon.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

When a g12 finisher is crafted it is tied to the toon you are on when crafted which normally wouldn't be a huge deal but seems dumb and is exact opposite of every other piece of gear in the game. Anyways my issue is I farmed enough injector heads to craft my first G12 finisher and the toon I want this piece on is Fallen Bastila so I open that toon up in characters and see I needed some more kyrotechs. I hit the find button on kyrotechs and buy the ones I need then hit back and craft the piece. At that point I notice it backed me back to a different toon which is Asajj. Even though the Power Cell Injector (Ionic) has all the same gear needed to craft it I can't put it on any other toon just Asajj. I don't want to g13 Asajj and never intended to. I haven't applied the piece to her and it is just sitting in my inventory. Will this ever be fixed to where a gear piece that requires all the same gear can be used on any toon that needs it? I can't figure out why these finishers would be tied to whoever you craft the piece on. Please either make it to where we can put these on different people or reverse my craft so I can craft it for the right toon.

Message 1 of 14 (1,236 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: G12 finisher can't be applied to correct toon

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @jaredb03 and thank you for the report.

Since the gear 12 finisher pieces are having unique stats tailored to the character, they are unique despite having the same name. For example, the Power Cell Injector (Ionic) for Darth Revan has the same name on Bastilla Shan (Fallen) but adds different stats. That is the reason why you can only equip it to the character you are crafting that piece on. If you would like to have a warning before crafting such a piece, feel free to post it on the feedback section of the forum to gain more attention.

As for a gear refund, please get in touch with our Customer Support, which might be able to assist.

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (1,190 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA Live QV Team

Hi @jaredb03 and thank you for the report.

Since the gear 12 finisher pieces are having unique stats tailored to the character, they are unique despite having the same name. For example, the Power Cell Injector (Ionic) for Darth Revan has the same name on Bastilla Shan (Fallen) but adds different stats. That is the reason why you can only equip it to the character you are crafting that piece on. If you would like to have a warning before crafting such a piece, feel free to post it on the feedback section of the forum to gain more attention.

As for a gear refund, please get in touch with our Customer Support, which might be able to assist.

Message 2 of 14 (1,191 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_HighCommand How does that make sense though. It is the same gear piece why would it be tied to a toon? Do you not see this being a problem in the future when more people start crafting them?

Anyways I contacted support before posting here and they gave me the typical your SOL we can't do anything BS.

Message 3 of 14 (1,177 Views)

EA Live QV Team

It makes sense because they are different, despite having the same name.

Message 4 of 14 (1,171 Views)

★ Apprentice

Fair enough. Can you help me get this piece un crafted or something like that. I haven't placed it on the toon and it is just sitting in inventory. I never had any intentions to put it on asajj and never want to or at least not for a long time. Had it backed me back out to the same toon I would have a g13 FBS right now. 

Message 5 of 14 (1,163 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Sending you a PM.

Message 6 of 14 (1,153 Views)

★★ Novice

hello @EA_HighCommand i have the same problem with g12 finisher, i bought the pack and craft randomly before your announce (g12 finisher are all different-. The toon is Grand Master Yoda and i whant put it on malak, so now i can't. I call the support they say : post on the forum we can't do anything.

Please need just refund this craft gear, for proof if i want GMY g13 i would have done it from the beginning....

Can you help me please ?

Message 7 of 14 (1,023 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Ferthzi,

Unfortunately, once the piece is equipped to a character, there is nothing we can do. In case of an accidentally duplicate crafted on a character, we are currently working with our Customer Support on a process to get those refunded as a one-time exception. We've already deployed a server fix last week to do so. All details can be found HERE.

Message 8 of 14 (1,012 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi @EA_HighCommand !

Thanks for your response.

The g12 is not equiped, it's just crafted, it's like to duplicate, but juste once 😁 and at the beginning, without to know they are specific to one personnage, the communication was not really clear at this moment...

I know my request is complicated but, if i want really g13 GMY, i do it just after craft the g12 finisher...

Cordialy. 

Message 9 of 14 (1,000 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Ferthzi and thank you for your reply.

Can you send me your ally code, so I can have a look? Thanks!

Message 10 of 14 (986 Views)