FUMBLES ARE RIDICULOUS

by Diehard4life

Original Post

Re: Fumbling Issues

Community Manager

The team has a series of planned updates that will bring more exact situational tuning. Please continue to give us examples (video clips are always super helpful) so where you're seeing fumbles in situations you really shouldn't. 

From the latest title update:

Tuning & Balancing:

Tuning around fumble rates and stiff-arm strength

DEV NOTE: We have heard our players’ voices relative to the frequency of fumbles and the power of the stiff-arm move. While this tuning will decrease some of the frustrations around fumbles and stiff arms globally, this is just the first step in a series of planned updates that will bring more exact situational tuning.

One important note regarding fumbles: the fumble rate for QB’s is higher intentionally, especially on Competitive game-style, in order to provide balance for scrambling QB’s.

You can avoid fumbling with your QB by using the QB Slide mechanics: either tap the dive button while NOT holding down the Acceleration burst button; or hold both Acceleration Burst AND the Precision Modifier and tap the dive button to slide with your QB. A similarly useful counter to the stiff-arm move is the cut stick tackle, which can be activated by flicking down on the tackle stick.

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 19 (767 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Blueberry Well I dont have any video but I can tell you that players with the Enforcer superstar ability need to be looked at.
Message 12 of 19 (601 Views)

Re: Fumbilitis

★★ Novice

Even with the slider to ZERO I still had 3 fumbles all generated by cpu hit stick... your solution isnst s diluting and your sliders are broken in that case

Message 13 of 19 (596 Views)

Re: Fumbilitis

★★★ Apprentice
@jcmonroe2004 I thought the slider needed to be turned up not down to decrease fumble frequency? Can anyone confirm?
Message 14 of 19 (588 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you fix the freak'n fumble issue? I put at 0 Fumbles in the sliders and still fumble over 4 times a game!!! It does not matter what team or player, QB, TE, WR, RB...so stupid if I have to turn off superstar ability as anyone with a star or above causes a fumble when tackling!

Message 15 of 19 (538 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sliders set at 0. Still fumbles

Message 16 of 19 (520 Views)

★★★ Novice

I fumble on pretty much every single hit from a player with the enforcer trait, regardless of how good my RB/WR is. It's pretty much game breaking at this point. Enforcers are broken and need to be fixed.

Message 17 of 19 (484 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@bmduchem wrote:

Sliders set at 0. Still fumbles

Guy, I'm all for bashing EA when they * up, but this one is on you guys.

If you want LESS FUMBLES, turn the slider UP. Setting it to 0 will actually cause MORE fumbles.

That being said this doesn't do * for mut/h2h players.

Message 18 of 19 (481 Views)

FUMBLES ARE RIDICULOUS

★★★ Novice

Playing online squads with buddy, 89 ovr defense and 88 offense and we have 6 fumbles to lose the game, something needs to be done to fix this ruins the game. When have you ever seen that many fumbles in an nfl game.

Message 19 of 19 (484 Views)