Fuel tutorial = gamebreaking bug now.

by xDearFreja

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fuel tutorial = gamebreaking bug now.

★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Tablet
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy Tab A
OS Version Android 7.1.1
What is your Player ID? DearFreja? I don't know
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I was playing the game normally, and I had 2h 45m left on a truck crate that I had already sped up. Game kicks me off saying it's time to update (the newest update as of the time I'm writing this). I boot it up and now you guys have added some tutorial on how to speed up the crates with fuel. However, I can't do that because I have already done it, but your tutorial has locked me out of everything. Can't click any button on any menu or any screen because it tells me "Use fuel to have the crate delivered much earlier" with an arrow pointing to "Rush 18 gems" which is obviously the wrong button.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use fuel on an unpatched version of the game and then apply the latest patch. Now your game is busted.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country canada

I was playing the game normally, and I had 2h 45m left on a truck crate that I had already sped up. Game kicks me off saying it's time to update (the newest update as of the time I'm writing this). I boot it up and now you guys have added some tutorial on how to speed up the crates with fuel. However, I can't do that because I have already done it, but your tutorial has locked me out of everything. Can't click any button on any menu or any screen because it tells me

"Use fuel to have the crate delivered much earlier" with an arrow pointing to "Rush 18 gems" which is obviously the wrong button.

Message 1 of 7 (782 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fuel tutorial = gamebreaking bug now.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yep, affecting most people, they know and are working on a fix, should be up at some point tonight.

EDIT: This info doesn't seem to have spread here yet so let me quote a developer real fast with some more info on a workaround:

"If you were experiencing the convoy issue (the game crashing and being unable to tap on anything) we're currently working on a fix to resolve the issue. In the meantime:
1. If your convoy is finished – You can force close the game and restart and that should resolve the issue
2. If your convoy is in progress – You will need to wait for the fix to roll out or for your convoy to finish ( and then restart the game) to be fixed"

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (886 Views)

All Replies

★ Novice

Same here

Message 2 of 7 (759 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ditto

Message 3 of 7 (730 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same bug for me

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S7 edge
OS Version Android
What is your Player ID? JackDra90
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country North America
Message 4 of 7 (724 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Yep, affecting most people, they know and are working on a fix, should be up at some point tonight.

EDIT: This info doesn't seem to have spread here yet so let me quote a developer real fast with some more info on a workaround:

"If you were experiencing the convoy issue (the game crashing and being unable to tap on anything) we're currently working on a fix to resolve the issue. In the meantime:
1. If your convoy is finished – You can force close the game and restart and that should resolve the issue
2. If your convoy is in progress – You will need to wait for the fix to roll out or for your convoy to finish ( and then restart the game) to be fixed"
Message 5 of 7 (887 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I got this too. But mine went away after restarting the game!

Message 6 of 7 (684 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Thank you all for the reports! @JadeXyan has awesomely provided how to get around this. Please let me know if this is still an issue!

Message 7 of 7 (678 Views)