Re: Frozen floor effect inside a structure

by IngeJones

Original Post

Frozen floor effect inside a structure

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020 (current)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Make a structure and remove the ground floor, then replace the ground with tiles/planks/masonry/carpet/etc
What happens when the bug occurs? Despite being entirely enclosed by walls and roof, the bottom (ground) floor receives a frozen surface effect
What do you expect to see? No frozen floor surfaces WHEN SHELTERED, especially not when there's a running thermostat. It shouldn't matter whether the ground floor was removed and replaced with another type of construction material
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I added a basement under the affected area, but it doesn't change anything11-02-20_3-14-15 PM.png11-02-20_3-19-16 PM.png11-02-20_3-45-22 PM.png

Message 1 of 4 (339 Views)

Hero

@Manosuit 

Would you be willing to upload the lot to the Gallery so I can take a look at your build to see if I or another helper here can find what is causing the problem?  Thanks.

Message 2 of 4 (281 Views)

Hero
@Manosuit Could you upload your house to the gallery for troubleshooting ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (243 Views)

★ Guide
@Manosuit I am sure this is just to make it easier for the software engineer, if he or she can "frost" all the terrain texture without testing whether every tile is supposedly sheltered. The frost could have been rendered lower than floor tiles but then patios would not get frost out of doors. I think in this case, expecting the player to rebuild the floor is the least worst solution.
Message 4 of 4 (235 Views)