Freezing when playing as Titan

by ADE99999

Original Post

Freezing when playing as Titan

★★★ Newbie

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug I keep having an issue where the game freezes when playing as a Titan. Usually it's during a hectic period, the screen freezes but might do one update a couple of seconds later. The sound stays the same as at the moment of the freeze and the controller keeps rumbling. I had this issue a while and tried a few different graphics drivers and am currently on 17.6.2 (which I think is the latest). I thought I'd fixed it by doing a repair from Origin but now it's back again. I've tried repairing again but it still happens. Any ideas?
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play mutiplayer online, enter a Titan and find a really busy place (multiple Titans on screen usually helps)
What happens when the bug occurs? Screen and sound freezes. Controller keeps rumbling. Have to CTRL-ALT-DEL to Task Manager, which says Titanfall 2 is not responding and then exit the task. Any updates earnt up to the crash are still available.
What do you expect to see? The game not to crash

I keep having an issue where the game freezes when playing as a Titan. Usually it's during a hectic period, the screen freezes but might do one update a couple of seconds later. The sound stays the same as at the moment of the freeze and the controller keeps rumbling. I had this issue a while and tried a few different graphics drivers and am currently on 17.6.2 (which I think is the latest).
I thought I'd fixed it by doing a repair from Origin but now it's back again. I've tried repairing again but it still happens.
Any ideas?

Message 1 of 2 (1,207 Views)

Re: Freezing when playing as Titan

Community Manager

@ADE99999 Hi, if you still have the issue can you try rolling back to the 17.6.1 driver package and check again? It may help eliminate or lessen this issue, but i'd be interested to see if it has any effect for you. 

Thanks. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (1,146 Views)