Original Post

Accepted Solution

Freezing/crashing/no audio bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Please provide your Xbox gamertag or PSN ID. (Optional)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Everywhere
Summarize your bug Black screen/freezing/no audio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play the game
Which character were you playing when the bug occurred? Peashooter
What upgrades had you equipped with this character? .
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)

I’ll just be playing the game and it crashes/freezes/no audio will happen. I try starting it up again and it black screens. I restart me Xbox X and it repeats its self. I know other people are having the issue too, so EA and you tell us want to do or make a update please? It literally makes the game unplayable.

Message 1 of 21 (11,518 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Freezing/crashing/no audio bug

Community Manager

@spartan_sam1987 Have you been able to try network troubleshooting?

• Basic and Advanced Connection Steps 
  • Static IP 
  • Change DNS Server (You can use the public google DNS primary:8.8.8.8, secondary:8.8.4.4, unless there is different DNS you would rather use) 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 9 of 21 (11,142 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have seen this as well it can occur 1 or 2 times per day.  I also had the enemies turn invisible once after the sound quit.

Message 2 of 21 (11,448 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Series X here and same. So sad.

Message 3 of 21 (11,233 Views)

★★★ Novice

Has happened to me as well. Have you been able to solve it?

Message 4 of 21 (11,215 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

Can anyone running into this try the following steps and let me know if this continues?

• Change DNS Server (You can use the public google DNS primary:8.8.8.8, secondary:8.8.4.4, unless there is different DNs you would rather use) 

Persistent Storage 

1. Go to settings Select Device & Connections > Then Blue-Ray 
  2. Select Persistent Storage > Clear Persistent Storage 

Alternate Mac: 

1. Go to settings > Select General  > Then Network settings 
  2. Go to advanced settings > Alternate Mac address > Select clear 
  3. Select restart 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 21 (11,198 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I previously had tried these methods mentioned a lot of times among others and the problem was still happening. I have to add that I was experiencing more problems that didn't enable to play at all in entire matches, such as invisible characters not moving and all that stuff. It's the worst experience (This problem happened for around an entire week. Specifically last week). So I gave up and all of sudden, yesterday I could play without issues anymore, I don't know how, but somehow it got fixed. I can notice that if I choose a character fastly it takes about a second to appear. But 1 second is nothing compared to being an entire match stuck as well as taking long black loading screens. 

This game is a lot of fun. I don't understand why you abandoned it! It's a great game!

Message 6 of 21 (11,196 Views)

Community Manager
@spartan_sam1987 Are you on a series X as well?

Illium.png

Message 7 of 21 (11,170 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Illium Mine is an Xbox one S. But it started to happen again! I think my wife tried to join to a friend of hers and then it happened, and they were on the same match, but she just joined her to be in the same team.
Message 8 of 21 (11,166 Views)

Community Manager

@spartan_sam1987 Have you been able to try network troubleshooting?

• Static IP 
  • Change DNS Server (You can use the public google DNS primary:8.8.8.8, secondary:8.8.4.4, unless there is different DNS you would rather use) 

Illium.png

Message 9 of 21 (11,143 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes, I've done that, but I didn't feel quite a big change. But the thing here is that it seems that my console HDD is failing, so I'm not sure if this has something to do! I'm trying to solve that issue. As soon as I'm done I'll tell you if there are any changes!

Message 10 of 21 (11,136 Views)