Freezing and lagging after yesterday's patch

by Aurorabig

Original Post

Freezing and lagging after yesterday's patch

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? so many, I do not have werewolves tho
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I do not know, it's happening to my game all the time since yesterday's patch
What happens when the bug occurs? every so often (especially after using menus like cooking and mixing drinks) the time would freeze, I wouldn't be able to click on anything, and I couldn't switch between family members. But most of the time the animation wouldn't freeze, they would still be cooking or doing homework, but they just wouldn't be making progress. When it starts again the time would jump for 20 minutes or more, like it was passing the whole time, but progress wouldn't jump. It was tough to play today, such slow progress. I also took out all the mods I have and the issue did not go away
What do you expect to see? for the game to flow normally, switch between family members quickly, and get interaction menus right away when I click on objects and sims.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it started after yesterday's patch ‌

every so often (especially after using menus like cooking and mixing drinks) the time would freeze, I wouldn't be able to click on anything, and I couldn't switch between family members. But most of the time the animation wouldn't freeze, they would still be cooking or doing homework, but they just wouldn't be making progress. When it starts again the time would jump for 20 minutes or more, like it was passing the whole time, but progress wouldn't jump. It was tough to play today, such slow progress. I also took out all the mods I have and the issue did not go away

Message 1 of 1 (202 Views)