Re: Freeze/Crash after a few minutes

by smartichigo

Original Post

Freeze/Crash after a few minutes

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? latest version
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Get Together, Dine Out, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Spa Day, Fitness Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? How to get to the bug? Open the game, start playing for 4-5 min, and tada, there it is!
What happens when the bug occurs? everything freezes (not just the clock), also no movement or animation on screen (aka no weather), just freeze
What do you expect to see? I expect to play my game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I downloaded all the new patches, and also installed two new packs: Get Famous and Eco Lifestyle (first time playing the game since before Snowy Escape came out)

I haven't played since before Snowy Escape came out, because usually new DLC - and new free updates - come with glitches and bugs (I waited all these weeks for the new patch fixing all the current issues that came with the new free updates).

The freeze happens in all game files, even new ones I created to test the issue. Using CAS and Build/Buy works fine, but when I am in Live Mode the game always freezes after about 5 minutes (freezes completely, no more movement on my screen). I have to forcefully quit my game, unable to even access the game menu.

It seems similar (but different) to the Father Winter issue people encounter, but all the suggested workarounds for that did solve. Also, the game files don't seem bigger than my other save files.

Anyone have any other ideas what I could do to fix this problem?

Message 1 of 3 (217 Views)

Hero
@smartichigo Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

Thank you, I will send you the latest save file (the new one I created to test if it was recurring problem) when I'm done with dinner.

Hope you can help me Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (203 Views)