Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32 GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. While playing Freeplay, when the server shuts down, booting you back to Fort Tarsus.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 17.02.19 11:00 CST
Summarize your bug When I was playing Freeplay this morning, the server shut down. I was sent back to the news page in Fort Tarsus. I was not given an expedition completion screen, and no rewards seemed to be given. I tried reentering and exiting Freeplay, and found that, while my item rewards from the previous expedition were tracked and provided, my feats were not, resulting in a loss of xp.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? While in Freeplay, if the server shuts down, reenter Freeplay and immediately leave. You backpack item rewards from the previous session will show, but feats will have reset.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sent back to Fort Tarsus with no rewards upon server shutdown.
What should be happening instead? XP rewards from a force-closed mission should not be lost.

I was running a Freeplay mission this morning, and did a fair number of world quests.  After about 20 minutes or so, the server shut down, kicking me back to the Fort's News Page.  I wasn't given any expedition rewards, and it appeared I didn't receive any experience.  I tried entering Freeplay again and immediately exiting, which resulted in a rewards screen.  While my item rewards from the shut down session did carry over, my feats did not, so the experience gain from those 20 minutes was essentially lost.  Ideally, I would expect that ANY expedition ending scenario, including a server shutdown, should result in rewards being given and applied at that time.  I don't know exactly when the server handoff between the mission instance and Fort Tarsus occurs, but maybe it would be better to have the reward screen system be part of the Fort Tarsus side, that way even in the event a shutdown, the rewards could still be provided appropriately upon expedition end.

Message 1 of 4 (203 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Freeplay server shutdown preventing xp rewards

★★★★ Novice
Yeah, I hate this *! Instead like doing auto exit free play you just get booted with no rewards.
Message 2 of 4 (166 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I just had the same issue after spending an hour or more in free play, doing 3 world events an looted 3 of the tomb challenges.

I literally lost all my xp and a bunch of rares I had looted.  I am so freaking angry.  What a stupid system to only tally this at the end.  It makes me want to stop playing the game.

Message 3 of 4 (99 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This has been happening for me in the past week. It happens 50% of the time and it usually happens 30 minutes into the freeplay. I've lost a legendary and numerous masterworks I have picked up. And no, I never received them. I picked up the legendary 3 days ago. I started keeping track after my third server drop.

I get the message "You have lost your connection to EA Servers. Please check your internet connection and try again. See ea.com/unable-to-connect." It's not my internet, I never lose connection to any other online game and my up/down and ping is perfectly fine after testing it numerous times. I am fine with bugs but when I lose my items half the time I play, it's kind of defeating.

Edit: My problem might be a little different because, I am gaining record with faction defeats count.

Message 4 of 4 (62 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help