Re: Freeplay "we have a problem here"

by Olorin51

Original Post

Freeplay "we have a problem here"

★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Windows 10 Enterprise Current Build Chip: i7-6800K Custom Waterloop Disk: 512gb NVMe 960 EVO MOBO: ROG Rampage V Edition 10 Custom Waterloop GTX1080Ti Custom Waterloop
Enter RAM memory size in GB RAM: 32GB DDR4 Corsair
Please select your region Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was the name of the Mission / Contract / Stronghold you were on? Everything in Freeplay
What was your chosen difficulty level? Grandmaster 2
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Ranger
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Anywhere in freeplay, I have tested this about 50 times. With every Javlin i have and every setting i can think of that would have an impact on this.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Happends daily since i have started playing Anthem again 01.05.2019
Summarize your bug No matter what setting, the game crashes. It doesn’t matter what I do in Freeplay it just shuts down. It takes 2-10min and the game simply shutdowns, no crash report no nothing.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The Read I/O and Write I/O are massive at this time including the Network Traffic “500Gbit+” and I get CPU and GPU spikes above 89% on both. I suspect this is where it ends. Memory seems to be not effected “RAM” so my hint would be your caching or background loading that is simply killing the processes.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Game simply disappears and I need to login again, if I do this right away I get to go back to the same instance I was before, sometimes I get a “you have been removed by the Server” or nothing at all and I need to restart from scratch. I have started to use this to logout and it never fails me 😊 Second guess would be that you have change something in the Phasing of the events in free play, this might also be a puzzle piece to look at. What is also worth mentioning: It only happends in Freeplay, everything else in this game runs without crashing and I mean everything. So this again is something you have changed because I never had any problems with Freeplay from the early access to my return, none. I never had any problems in the Beta either. This does not occure in any other Game/Application i am using.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to roam in freeplay and continue my exploration without the game crashing!

Since i am a 788 Ranger Freeplay would be the only place for me to enjoy Anthem at this point. Since Freeplay does make up the largest part of the game i would really enjoy this being fixed as soon as possible but then again you fellas have so much on your plate . . . well here hoping for the best i guess Standard smile

Message 1 of 6 (335 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Force close errors are sometimes caught by the windows event manager. Check if it got some information on your crashes.
Message 2 of 6 (292 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@Sleepwalker_VIE  absolutly correct, just not in this case i am afraid.

Message 3 of 6 (270 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok so i got a Exterminator Badge, what does that mean? If you found something can i get a hint? How/When will this be fixed? 

Message 4 of 6 (201 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Olorin

Anthem seems to be very sensitive to memory errors (dram), which once triggered will cause gpu to crash and recover the driver most often without error, sometimes with dxg device has been removed / hung error.

if you could do me a favor and download DRAM calculator from techpowerup, run the MemBench with max ram preset and let it run to 180% as it is set or until it throws up an error.

if it does throw up an error it could be a simple thing as the memory timings just being a bit off for the motherboard or for the cpu.

If they are , you can ensure that the timings are as stated on sticks

Or, ensure you have newest bios for motherboard to ensure best compatibility for ram.

this is just from my personal experience on the same issue, hope it helps.

Message 5 of 6 (187 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@AdaephonX  thx ill give it a go, my MoBo is up to date. 

Message 6 of 6 (163 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help