Freelancer not working

by thesims4blows

Original Post

Re: Freelancer bug

Hero

@MelanatedBeing 

Your issue sounds like the issue in this bug report.  [OPEN] [ECO] Freelancer Crafter - Gigs Not Completing - Answer HQ (ea.com)

Please take a look at it and if it is the same issue, you're having, me too the first post.

Hope this helps.

Message 81 of 188 (1,301 Views)

Freelancer not working

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Cottage Living, Snowy Escape, Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, StrangerVille, Tiny Living, Laundry Day Stuff, Parenthood, Vampires, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Do the freelancer career for crafter
What happens when the bug occurs? When I get a gig I can pursue it all the way through and get paid but the last task in the career tab says I haven't finished it.
What do you expect to see? A completed gig
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've tried the maker freelancer career since I recently got Eco Living, but the career doesn't work. I can get I assume all of the gigs, they all show up. I can do all of the interactions of talking to the client/making the product/sending it in/getting paid -- but on the career panel it says I haven't sent the work no matter what I do. I can keep recreating the product and sending it in to get paid over and over again but it's not actually finishing the gig. Apparently this was a patch fix last November? Well it's not working for me. I updated my game a few days ago when I got a different expansion back so I don't know what the issue is.

Message 82 of 188 (1,239 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Freelancer: Can't send fabricated items to client

★★★ Newbie

This is happening to me, too, in the free demo. Chat, make the rug, send to client, get accepted, get paid--but never checks off in the job, so I can't move on. Super frustrating, and at this point I am very much not inclined to purchase the Eco Lifestyle like I already planned. The freelancer career was one I really wanted to play.

Message 83 of 188 (1,185 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [ECO] Freelancer: Can't send fabricated items to client

★★★★★ Guide

Having the same issue. Everything has been updated to the newest patch. The only cc I have in game is the Kijiko eyelashes. I can select a gig, chat with client, send for approval, get paid but the task itself doesn’t complete in the panel. Just like the paranormal gig. Super frustrating. I stopped playing for over a month due to the bugs with the careers. Can’t progress in the freelance careers so you’re getting paid minimally. 

Message 84 of 188 (1,110 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ECO] Freelancer Crafter - Gigs Not Completing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

If you send the craft from household inventor the game doesn’t recognize it, but if you drag the (ALL!) items from your household inventor in your world (screen1) and sent it there (screen2) it works.

Just avoid Rugs, you can’t select rugs in your world. I think the problem here is the game don’t recognize the step if you send direct from household inventor.

Summary: I drag all items, in this gig, all three lamps in my world and sell it there. If I only sell two there and the last from household inventor, it will not work. Works for beds too. Avoid rug-gigs or use the bug for simply make money. You can send rug for rug and get paid for ever rug. Tina is now rug seller. She makes good rugs.

Message 85 of 188 (1,089 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@daikoyu Not sure if this will work for the career as rugs are the only option at this point for gigs.
Message 86 of 188 (1,067 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@daikoyu wrote:

If you send the craft from household inventor the game doesn’t recognize it, but if you drag the (ALL!) items from your household inventor in your world (screen1) and sent it there (screen2) it works.

Just avoid Rugs, you can’t select rugs in your world. I think the problem here is the game don’t recognize the step if you send direct from household inventor.

Summary: I drag all items, in this gig, all three lamps in my world and sell it there. If I only sell two there and the last from household inventor, it will not work. Works for beds too. Avoid rug-gigs or use the bug for simply make money. You can send rug for rug and get paid for ever rug. Tina is now rug seller. She makes good rugs.

Oo must try this, thanks, I've been farming instead but I shall see if this works Standard smile 

Message 87 of 188 (1,045 Views)

Crafty Freelancer Completion Bug

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.80.69.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, University, Eco Lifestyle, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Parenthood, Kids Room Stuff, Laundry Day, and Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1) Join Crafty Freelancer career 2) Choose the "create a rug" gig 3) Talk to client 4) Create rug in the fabricator 5) Send the rug for approval using the computer
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a notification from the client saying "This is exactly what we wanted" or something along those lines. The rug disappears from household inventory, "send rug" career task is not checked off like the rest of the tasks, and the sim doesn't get paid.
What do you expect to see? I expect the "send rug" career task to be checked off, my sim to be paid and able to select a new gig.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I never took the rug out of my household inventory. I have tried canceling the gig and accepting the same one the next morning only for the bug to happen again.

Message 88 of 188 (1,047 Views)

Re: Freelance Fabrication Job will not complete after submitting item to client

★★ Novice

Same issue. Freelance maker career in Eco Living. Do all the tasks, and receive a "well done" but gig does not complete.

Message 89 of 188 (969 Views)

Re: Freelance Fabrication Job will not complete after submitting item to client

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Just tried it today.  Same issue.  All she can make is rugs at this point, so I'll have to try the workaround later.

*Edit, as others have said, it works fine for things like candles, that are in a Sim's personal inventory.

Message 90 of 188 (924 Views)