Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Free Roam random Server Shutdown, Loosing all collected gear.

by Kardos4ever

Original Post

Free Roam random Server Shutdown, Loosing all collected gear.

★★ Newbie

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB 3000 MHz
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was your Expedition team makeup? Friends
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Free Roam random place
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 19.02.19.
Summarize your bug Randomly playing in Free Roam and receive the error message that "The Server has Shutdown" and then I loose all the gear I have collected along with all of the resources that I have gained and thus rendering the entire expedition pointless.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into free play and roam and do events until you have good loot then the game should realize and * you.
What happens when the bug occurs? Takes me back to original News menu of game.
What should be happening instead? It shouldnt randomly take me out of free play or rob me of all the stuff ive spent time getting.

I have had this happen twice now. During free roam I will be out completing events and doing the only things available only to be sent back to the news menu with the message "The Server has Shutdown" and then I lose all my gear and all of my xp and time and other such items gained during the free roam. Please fix this immediately. 

Message 1 of 4 (192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform: PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number: GTX 1080ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB: 16 GB 3000 MHz
Please select your region: Europe
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Colossus
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Freeplay
What was your Expedition team makeup? Solo
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Once while manually ending the expedition, and once while randomly flying around in Great Falls Canyon.
When did this happen? 1) Manually ending expedition: 18/02/2019, the exact time I don't recall. --- 2) Random occurrence: 19/02/2019, ~09:40AM CET.

Summarize your bug: The first time this occured right as I manually ended a freeplay session (of over an hour) by opening the map and holding [F] as required. Instead of taking me through the expedition results, my connection to the server was lost/severed, and upon immediately re-entering freelancer enclave all my progress/loot/exp was lost.

The second time, I was exploring and simply flying around Great Falls Canyon when mid-flight I was disconnected once again, and upon immediately re-entering the freelancer enclave the same thing...

How often does the bug occur? Twice out of my four freeroam expeditions.
What happens when the bug occurs? Shows a message you have lost connection to the server, next the splash/news screen, followed by spawning in the freelancer enclave.
What should be happening instead? One should not lose all or any experience/loot/progress during any type of gameplay as a result of server disconnects.

Note: While this is not really relevant to solving the issue, I should state that I personally consider this type of issue a huge deal breaker when it comes to playing a game; I doubt anyone likes having any/all their progress lost because of server disconnects. While bugs are nothing new to gaming and server disconnects to be expected, I do hope you'll consider adding some failsafe to prevent loss of progression.

Message 2 of 4 (169 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also had this happen - had a DC 2 hours before last night's shutdown.

What I did, logged back in, went into free roam, killed a few scar, went to map and held F to end free roam.

after ending free roam correctly without a DC, and I got all my stuff and XP.

Dude I had a lot of stuff after 6 hours of freeplay...  had to scroll down for a few seconds to reach the bottom of the list.  Totally relieved to get all my lewt out :D

Message 3 of 4 (158 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I had the server shut down on me aswell and I started a new freeplay expedition. After a short while, maby a minute or two I enden it and there was no loot from the previous expedition. I might add I lost my 2nd Masterwork item. What is happening is so unprofessional and not something I'd expected from EA. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

Message 4 of 4 (79 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help