Franchise offline - unable to enter owner name when choosing owner mode.

by tmcb2020

Original Post

Franchise offline - unable to enter owner name when choosing owner mode.

★★★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 21
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Throaty_fountain
Date/time issue occurred Ongoing
What type of issue do you have? Crash/Freeze
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
What is your Franchise League Name? Career
Summarize your bug New team set up in offline franchise mode. Change from coach to owner. Select type of owner. When you input first name and last name, screen flashes and reverts back for you to enter name.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? New team set up in offline franchise mode. Change from coach to owner. Select type of owner. When you input first name and last name, screen flashes and reverts back for you to enter name.
What happens when the bug occurs? Screen flashes and reverts back for you to enter name. You can bypass by just accepting and the name appears as “owner”
What do you expect to see? To enter first and last name and the system accepts it.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Unable to enter a name as an owner on offline. Franchise. 

Message 1 of 19 (6,001 Views)

Re: Franchise offline - unable to enter owner name when choosing owner mode.

Community Manager

Hi @tmcb2020

Have you tried using a different first and last name to see if that helps at all? I've seen some cases where the game is rejecting the name due to some sort of filter. Let me know if that makes any difference at all for you. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 19 (5,975 Views)

Unable to use last name in "My Yard"

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? Playstation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? KruseControi
Date/time issue occurred 09/12/2020
What type of issue do you have? Exploit
Which mode has this happened in? Online head to head
Summarize your bug I was unable to use my last name for my character. The last name is Kruse and it said that it was innapropriate...
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put Kruse in for the last name of a character in "my yard"
What happens when the bug occurs? It says the name is inappropriate or contains something inappropriate
What do you expect to see? My last name working

I would like to use my last name for my player in "my yard."

Message 3 of 19 (5,966 Views)

Re: Unable to use last name in "My Yard"

Community Manager

Hey @KrUsE_CONTROL_2

Thanks for the report on this. 

We've passed along the feedback we've been getting regarding the name filter in this year's version of Madden. We'll continue to forward these reports up to the team as they come in. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 19 (5,943 Views)

Franchise Mode Offline Freezes When Entering Owner Name During Setup

★★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One S
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? BiLLtooTRiLL
Date/time issue occurred Sunday, 9/20-Current
What is your Franchise League Name? My Career
Summarize your bug I change role from coach to owner. I then pick owner type, and it takes me to screen to enter owner name. When I press start to enter name, game freezes for a few seconds, then crashes to XBOX home screen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Franchise Mode - Offline, change role from coach to owner, then pick owner type, takes you to screen to enter owner name. Press start to enter name, game freezes for a few seconds, then crashes to XBOX home screen.
What happens when the bug occurs? I change role from coach to owner. I then pick owner type, and it takes me to screen to enter owner name. When I press start to enter name, game freezes for a few seconds, then crashes to XBOX home screen.
What do you expect to see? To be able to proceed to Franchise Mode with an owner name.

Basically, this is an ongoing issue for me. i cannot start a Franchise Mode with a name, and when I try to press enter to confirm name, the game freezes, then crashes and takes me back to XBOX home screen. 

Message 5 of 19 (5,950 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Kent Thank you for the suggestion. I just tried using different names and the issue continues.
Message 6 of 19 (5,904 Views)

Community Manager

@tmcb2020 

Hmm, thanks for giving that a shot for me. There might be an issue with the save data for the game that's causing this to happen. If you're comfortable with it can we try deleting the save data to see if that helps? You wouldn't lose your progress in online game modes like MUT, but local save data like Franchise would be deleted. If you'd like to give it a try follow the steps below: 

Go back to your Xbox dashboard, and highlight Madden NFL 21. Hit the Menu button on your controller then go to Manage game & add-ons. Scroll down to saved data and choose the Madden NFL 21 data for your Gamertag. Select the Delete Everywhere option. This will delete the save from your local storage as well as Xbox cloud storage.  

Let me know if you're still running into this same issue after that. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 7 of 19 (5,873 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Kent 

I tried this and it worked, thank you! But will I have to use the same name for my character all the time from now on for it to work? 
For me it chrashed when I tried to save my characters name in franschise offline mode and it didn't matter if it was player, coach or owner. I forgot what name I used the first time so I couldn't try that. 

Message 8 of 19 (5,790 Views)

★★★ Novice

@dubbelfel wrote:

@EA_Kent 

I tried this and it worked, thank you! But will I have to use the same name for my character all the time from now on for it to work? 
For me it chrashed when I tried to save my characters name in franschise offline mode and it didn't matter if it was player, coach or owner. I forgot what name I used the first time so I couldn't try that. 

After the last update  I was able to enter.   Thank you.  

Message 9 of 19 (5,774 Views)

Franchise owner name

★ Novice

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? Microsoft Xbox One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Snooze1523
Date/time issue occurred 12/2/20. 4:30pm
What is your Franchise League Name? Offline
Summarize your bug Cannot create an owner in offline franchise mode. Enter the owner name and the screen flashes and goes back to the enter name screen with all the information deleted.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a franchise with custom owner and edit name
What happens when the bug occurs? The game deletes a custom owner name.
What do you expect to see? The name entered to be there.

Cannot create a custom owner in offline franchise mode. I enter the custom name and the game goes back to the enter name screen with all information deleted.  Tried uninstalling the game and deleting my saved data. Does not fix the issue. 

Message 10 of 19 (5,572 Views)