Franchise mode scouting bug

by 6363722

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Franchise mode scouting bug

★ Guide

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Auto scouting in franchise mode does not work
What happens when the bug occurs? The scouts will scout the players ranked in the 700’s but will not touch the top 200 players.
What do you expect to see? Scouts should be scouting the top players that are actually able to go in the draft. Not the guys who have no possible chance of being good
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise mode
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

Manual scouting appears to work but that is very slow and not ideal to be using. Auto scout needs to be fixed. 

Message 1 of 59 (7,705 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Franchise mode scouting bug

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

*UPDATE*

This should now be fixed in today's patch:

Franchise

• Fix for an issue where defenders were not showing the correct line chemistry values.
  • Fix for an issue where Auto Scouting would not rope in early round prospects.
  • Fix for an issue where you were unable to see the goalie filter when assigning a scout.
  • Fix for an issue where LD and C are mislabeled in the edit lines screen.

*UPDATE*

Tweet from the Community Manager: 
https://twitter.com/TheClapperton/status/1320843886428733440

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 45 of 59 (6,436 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

unless its just for me but you cant even manual scout goalies

Message 2 of 59 (7,660 Views)

★ Guide

Same issue for me. The menus are glitched 

Message 3 of 59 (7,621 Views)

★★ Novice
@6363722 same for me but I'm on xbox
Message 4 of 59 (7,614 Views)

★ Apprentice
@6363722 I also have that problem on Xbox One
Message 5 of 59 (7,611 Views)

★★ Novice

I'd have thought that with delaying the launch by a month, they could use some of that time to straighten out the game and make it not too buggy on launch, but here we are. I'm disappointed that there is no GM connected and not even being able to play the offline game modes properly because of bugs at launch is ridiculous. At this point I'm not really sure why I keep putting out the money for the games. They have been behind the curve of Be a Pro by a few years, to games ALSO MADE BY EA. I understand that the Madden and NHL devs most likely never work together, but I'd at least want to see these people on the NHL team see the consumers' reactions to other similar products on the market and say, "huh, maybe we can do that to get more people to play NHL." People have been asking for GM connected to come back since it was taken away, still nothing there; there have really only been pushes on the pay to win front until this year, and even then the bugs in HUT still seem to be the only ones they care about because other than selling game copies, that's what makes the money, microtransactions. I didn't pay for an early access indie game, I paid for NHL 21 by EA Sports. I wanted to pay for a game I could play, not one that I have to wait for the next installment of the franchise to play a broken game mode. Someone feel free to stop and correct me, but all it takes to see what the people want is to look up 4 words on google and look at some reddit thread and bam, there you have another bunch of tens to hundreds of thousands of copies sold because you listened to what the fans want instead of putting in a 15th variant of the 3 on 3 play format that gets stale after about 25 minutes.

Message 6 of 59 (7,571 Views)

★ Guide
@6363722 Adding onto this issue. In a different thread I did have an EA rep confirm that this is being worked on and that EA is aware of this issue
Message 7 of 59 (7,537 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Did they give any kind of timeline? Having to manually scout every year would be a pain. Doing school right now so having to manually scout when I do get a chance to play the game would feel like I'm wasting my free time.

Message 8 of 59 (7,526 Views)

★ Guide
@HockeyPro19zzz No they didn’t. They aren’t giving timelines in anything. The rosters are out to lunch and there’s lots of bugs so I’d suspect they’re not in a huge rush to fix things because they continually say the game is playable
Message 9 of 59 (7,519 Views)

Auto scouts; franchise mode

★★★★★ Novice

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Franchise mode. Auto assign scouts.
What happens when the bug occurs? No players are scouted unless manually done for each player.
What do you expect to see? Scouts auto scouting like in nhl20
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise mode. Auto assign scouts
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 10:00/AM
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Dasmaul84
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

The scouts aren't doing any scouting in Franchise mode. Google search suggests this is a common issue that was not present in nhl20

Message 10 of 59 (5,420 Views)