Franchise mode game crash

by isaaccaron

Original Post

Re: Franchise mode game crash

Community Manager

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

Hey, all.

I want to collect some information for the team here that will helpful for an investigation. If you have a chance to reply back with these details it can help us out a ton in getting some more info around this.

• Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID
  • Platform you play on (XB1 X/S, PS4, PS5. If you are playing Gen 4 on a Gen 5 console please mention that)
  • Where does it crash on you in game
  • What is the error message you receive
  • Have you tried re-installing the game to verify whether that helps avoid this

Thank you for the support. 

Hey, everyone.

If you are still experiencing this since the update yesterday please let us know these details above. If you can copy and paste the format above and then add to each line that will be helpful for the team. We'll pass it along their way and if you are interested in troubleshooting we can see if we can find a workaround fix. 

Blueberry.png
Message 21 of 140 (811 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice
  • Gamertag/PSN ID/Origin ID:PSN ID:morris3341
  • Platform you play on (XB1 X/S, PS4, PS5:PS5
  • gen 5 i play on 
  • it crashes around 2032 to 2034 
  • error code is ce-108255-1
  • yes i tried reinstaling and still did not work @EA_Blueberry 
Message 22 of 140 (801 Views)

Community Manager

@morris3341 

Question about what you do prior to it crashing for you. Would you say you're swapping back and forth with save files before it happens? 

Blueberry.png
Message 23 of 140 (781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

no i am just siming games it will just crash  it is random and can not pin point when it does it but it starts for me around 2032 to 2034 @EA_Blueberry 

Message 24 of 140 (767 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i think it could be an auto save bug cause it is like it goes to auto save and the crash happens 

Message 25 of 140 (764 Views)

★ Guide
@morris3341 Wow..this game is 60% off on my xbox1 for the next few days. I was going to buy it, but after all the frustrating, maddening, amazingly ridiculous problems that should have been fixed let alone identified before release with crashes in the offline franchise mode of Madden 22 I figured "Let me look at the boards before spending any money here" So i guess this is an issue in NHL 22 as well? Is offline franchise playable? I want o grab the deal but not for something that doesnt work (like madden 22 for the first few months and maybe even now). Think I'll consider their excellent customer service and dedciation to the excellence of their product!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Offline-Franchise-saved-game-doesn-t-load/td-p/10679899/page/2...
Message 26 of 140 (756 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@NoFaceAngl_275jI am sorry my friend but do not buy it.. the offline Franchise Mode game is not playable.. you get corrupted saves because it constantly crashes will simming.. there is the goal syncing bug that has been in the game for over a month now.. and the patch didn’t fix it for the offline modes.. save your money my friend do not buy it please take our warnings not even for 60% off it’s not worth it.. 

Message 27 of 140 (744 Views)

★ Guide
@heavydutyrammer Thanks bro. I will def stay away. Idk what i was thinking after going thru the same thing you guys are going thru with madden 22. Game was billed as the year of the franchise. AT release there was a glitch where in about 1/4 franchise games, no matter what the score, the score was recorded as the home team scoring 0 and with no stats at all. Made it unplayable. Took about 3 weeks to fix that. It was released with that so it had to be known by them. Then and now franchises either desync after a played game 4-5 seasons into a franchise, somehow corrupting the file AND any backup files for that franchise. Or at some point around the same time, 4-5 yrs in, the franchise files just do not load. When you try to load them, it just tries for 10 sec and then takes you back to the "choose a file to load" screen. It even started in Madden 21 when I gave up on 22 and went back to that. I had played maybe 25 franchises on that game, many for decades into the future, with zero problems. Then I get 22, 3 franchises which I put at least a dozen hours each into were wiped out, and I play 21 for 3 seasons only for that to suddenly have the same issue. It's really messed up that its available without a disclaimer. They claimed they fixed it a few weeks ago, changed the issue's dsignation to "Fixed", and have not really responded to the dozen comments saying it isn't fixed. Is that similar to the issues you all are experiencing?
Message 28 of 140 (732 Views)

★★★ Pro
@NoFaceAngl_275j We are having the goal syncing issue.. whenever you score a goal is saying “syncing” even though it’s an offline game mode.. they said they have fixed it, and it may have been fixed for the ONLINE game modes but us offline gamers are still getting the issue.. so you are forced to quit the game and sim it or restart and hope it doesn’t happen again..
we are also getting crashing issues while simming in the Franchise Mode which corrupt save files constantly.. they just started responding to those reports recently.. they were focused on the goal sync issue for the last month..
it really has been a terrible launch lol very frustrating and certainly I am not buying ANY nhl games without waiting a month or two and keeping an eye on these forums.. that way I will save myself the money like you have by not buying this terribly broken game..
Message 29 of 140 (729 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry do you guys know when this will be fixed i have been waiting for an update for it for over a month 

Message 30 of 140 (698 Views)