Franchise mode game crash

by isaaccaron

Original Post

Re: Franchise mode game crash

★ Apprentice

Ok,,,  got it….  Was about to do a ‘quit’ and exist out.  Waiting to see if it crashes again.

What I don’t understand is why is this game such an issue compared to prior versions?  I never had any issues with 2018-2021 using the same hardware.   (I would have been more than happy to continue using any of those old editions if I could get current NHL rosters for them, even if that cost me the same amount of money as opposed to buying NHL22, which frankly is a complete disaster.)

Furthermore, there appears to be NO updates from EA in any attempt to fix this issue.  Yet people have been discussing such since October.   

Very dissatisfied….  

Message 51 of 140 (591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@EA_BlueberryOn PS5 there is just a crash and it shows the game errors out, then goes back to the console home screen. I am still just like everyone still having this issue. Please find a way to get us Franchise mode players a refund.

Message 52 of 140 (579 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have completed all your suggestions with no help whatsoever, sorry to say.  It continues to crash.

My only recourse is to only go a few days at a time in SIM mode, then "save and exit", then start playing again. 

At least this way, once it crashes, and it's not a question of "if" but "when, I can still advance the game if only a few days a time. 

Really, Really frustrating.....  And EA seems to NOT being doing anything about it.

FYI,,, for those interested,,,,  I have sent an Email to the NHL players Assn.   

https://www.nhlpa.com/the-pa/what-we-do/contact-us

Maybe if they threaten to pull the NHL players naming rights from this defective game, and give such to another vendor, we can come up with a game that actually works. 

I don't know what EA did between last years version, and prior versions, but this is just a useless game.  

Message 53 of 140 (568 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Iron60083 last years version is an exact copy paste in terms of offline play (only new addition being X-Factors which are useless in Franchise)

What was said in the email? Even a very brief summary would provide us more than EA did this year
Message 54 of 140 (565 Views)

★ Apprentice

For me…. Game crashes in simulate / calendar mode.  It might be a cut and paste but last years version doesn’t crash.  Never had a crashing issue with previous versions running on XBOX.  Same hardware platform only one I’ve had since 2016.

There is a major bug in this game.  Many people are seeing crashing issues at various times in the game.  Would love to just load current NHL rosters onto NHL21 or 20 or 19. etc…

Message 55 of 140 (556 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

My franchise mode crashes end of April beginning of may 2034 as well when I’m in the playoffs.. I go to save game and it crashes. Game restarts and says all progress is lost due to file corruption. Major bummer as I am a franchise player and am really disappointed I don’t even want to play it anymore. Worst nhl game made to date, should release an update fixing this bug. 

Message 56 of 140 (489 Views)

★ Apprentice

I never get any codes or notices, it just stops "simulating", and kicks out to the start up screen without saving progress.  I have learned after I play a few games or set up my scouts, to scout say the top 100 players, to then do a "save and exit", then go back in, and if it crashes, at least I have a recent save point.  Sometimes I can play for weeks / months in the calendar before it locks up, and other times I'll set up simulate and it will hit the next day and then stops.  It's been very frustrating, and especially more so because the previous editions, played on the same XBOX One, didn't have these crashing issues.  I've been playing EA Hockey since the 2017? edition....

Message 57 of 140 (482 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Instead of saving file I clicked back and clicked save and exit and I was able to sim

another season but when I got to the end of the next season with about 3-4 games left it stopped simulating and just kicked me out and restarted the game, said file was corrupt again. What a joke. Been playing nhl since nhl 95 or earlier .. I’m never purchasing another nhl game unless it’s made by someone else than EA

Message 58 of 140 (480 Views)

★ Apprentice

I prefer to play more as a GM as opposed to live game action.  I'm looking at various versions of PC based games that allow this with NHL rosters.  Do you know if there are other XBOX hockey games licensed to use NHL rosters?  if so,,, I'm all in!   I've even asked with current rosters could be loaded on older versions?  I'd even pay the $60 price to do that on NHL 2021 or 2020, or 2019, etc....  but apparently not possible....

Message 59 of 140 (479 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

it looks like ea is ignoring us now no new update and i bet they will never fix it so i will not buy next years nhl game 

Message 60 of 140 (434 Views)