Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? bsufan101
Date/time issue occurred 7/26/2019
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug I will be playing franchise mode offline, and the game will ask me to continue while playing a game, then I will be allowed to pick a play. Both with and without career clock turned on, my player is shown to have played in plays, however I was not controlling my player. This was an issue in Madden 19, and it is still there.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a franchise mode, and pick a player to play as. For example I picked Penny RB from Seattle, and go to play a game. Make sure to try both with and without career cloud turned on. You will be asked to continue and the game will fast forward, then check to see your stats for the game and it will show you have been in plays you didn’t play.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game says you ran the ball or received the ball even if you didn’t play.
What do you expect to see? The issues resolved where I am playing every down I am apart of.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Summarize your bug I will be playing franchise mode, and the game will ask me to continue, then I will be allowed to pick a play. Both with and without career clock turned on, my player is shown to have played in plays, however I was not controlling my player. This was an issue in Madden 19, and it is still there.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a franchise mode, and pick a player to play as. For example I picked Penny RB from Seattle, and go to play a game. Make sure to try both with and without career cloud turned on. You will be asked to continue and the game will fast forward, then check to see your stats for the game and it will show you have been in plays you didn’t play.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game says you ran the ball or received the ball even if you didn’t play.
What do you expect to see? The issues resolved where I am playing every down I am apart of.

Summarize your bug When I am playing franchise as a specific player (Penny from Seattle, RB) I tried to play a preseason game and checked the game stats, and my player had run the ball multiple times, and I didn’t have control. I went into settings and turned off the “career clock” feature, and the issue did lessen, however during the game I still missed 5-6 plays.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a franchise mode where you play as a specific player, try with both career clock off and on. Play a game and when you go to actually pick a play, look at the player stats and see that you have run plays you never played.
What happens when the bug occurs? Your stats are showing you competed runs or catches you didn’t do.
What do you expect to see? The issue resolved. Was present in last years game as well.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. N/A
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? N/A
Enter RAM memory size in GB N/A

Message 1 of 12 (5,297 Views)

Re: Franchise mode as player skipping plays

Community Manager

@Bsufan101 

From what you're describing it sounds like the stats are thrown off when the games are simulated?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 12 (5,244 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

I am not 100% sure at this point if it is thrown off, or if the game is having my player play without me controlling him. I did notice turning "career clock" off, it helped quite a bit. But from what I have tested, every few times simulating till I enter the game again, I will randomly have a run added to my stats, and I believe my actual stats increased slightly. 

This happened last year, now that I found "career clock" I am wondering if that was my problem last year, but again, that seemed to help but not eliminate the problem. With it off, I seem to only have about 5 plays added playing as a RB2 on depth chart. 

Message 3 of 12 (5,237 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Issue is still happening. My player is playing without me playing the play.

Help! this happened last year as well. 

Message 4 of 12 (5,171 Views)

Online Franchise (with other people) is Simming Player's Plays

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? MMerv_99
Date/time issue occurred August 10
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug The game is simming through my player's (HB) plays so I can't actually play the game. The other users in the Franchise mode are not having the same problem
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I play the game and start the supersim as usual but it goes through the entire game, even when my player is on the field
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims through the game will stop the simulation but will make me click “continue simulation”. I won’t play a single drive/play and at the end of the game, it’ll say I had a few carries
What do you expect to see? My player on the field

The game is simming through my player's (HB) plays so I can't actually play the game. The other users in the Franchise mode are not having the same problem

Message 5 of 12 (5,176 Views)

Re: Online Franchise (with other people) is Simming Player's Plays

Community Manager

@matmerv14 

Moved your post over here since it's somewhat related to OP's issue with stats not tracking. 

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 12 (5,125 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hey Blueberry, it's not about "stats not tracking". It's about the game not letting players play. It's about the game simulating plays for players even when they're supposed to play. It was an issue last year and apparently it's still an issue (I don't know since I'm not gonna buy another Madden until I'm allowed to actually play it). It's a huge issue too since it LITERALLY MAKES THE GAME UNPLAYABLE. And no wonder it never gets fixed if the staff doesn't even understand what's going on. If you can't understand written text, go see my bug report from Madden 19, it has pictures for you.

Message 7 of 12 (4,931 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The issue I am having isn’t my stats not showing, the game is not allowing me to play, the person you merged into my thread isn’t able to play. This happened in 19, and is still happening in franchise mode. I don’t understand how this can’t be patched.

Message 8 of 12 (4,908 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry 

Here's my final attempt to get you people do something about this before I'm forced to give up on you and your series.

I went on a full desperation mode and since your two latest installments are both broken in same manner, I decided to go backwards: I got myself a copy of Madden NFL 18. And lo and behold: IT HAS THIS SAME BUG. That game is from 2017 so for over two years and in three games, the same bug exists without you having done anything about it. Based on your earlier replies I take it that you people at EA either don't understand the problem or you simply don't care. I'm naive enough to want to believe it's not about the latter, so here goes; my attempt to be as clear about this as possible so even you could get some sort of grasp of it. Please follow these instructions and see for yourself what's going on. Please play your own game.

I play CFM Offline with a created, undrafted player. I have "Instant Starter" switched OFF as I want to compete for my spot.

I start with Fantasy Draft. Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I mention it just to be sure.

I play either as HB or ROLB, but I'm sure these are not the only positions that suffer from this. 

When I've developed my player enough to get 2nd string position and be allowed to play occasional downs, the trouble begins. Do you still follow me?

In matches, when I'm supposed to play a down, Super Sim stops so I can pick the next action. But every now and then, it stops only to prompt me to continue Super Sim. That's when the game simulates a down I'm supposed to play. After the down, when I go see the stats, they show that my created player indeed played in it. My player did, but I didn't. And that's the problem:

I DON'T GET TO PLAY.

That should be enough to meet the criteria of unplayable.

And it happens EVERY TIME. Every single time I start a career in CFM Offline as a created, undrafted player, this happens sooner or later. So I'm confident you, and absolutely everyone else, can duplicate this if you just bothered to try. I first reported this in August 2018, and like I said, it turns out that it already existed in Madden NFL 18 in 2017. Go see my bug report, it even has screenshots. In it I mentioned that on worst occasion the first down I played in a match was in fact already 8th for my player, so the game had simulated the first seven before I was allowed to play at all. I also got Madden NFL 16 and I'm almost tempted to see if it has this too, but I'm afraid the result would severely damage my psyche. So could you please, PLEASE do something about it already. Over two years. Three games. Number of bug reports. NOTHING has happened. DO SOMETHING ALREADY.

Message 9 of 12 (4,789 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm only posting on this form because I found a solution to this problem. If you turn on instant starter and turn off career clock the problem goes away.

It's unfortunate. Because I wanted to earn my start as well but, alas. Hope this helps.

Message 10 of 12 (4,672 Views)