Franchise mode - Players who have a great season do much worse next year

by 13JOHNNYHOCKEY13

Original Post

Re: Franchise mode potential bug

★★★ Guide
@TwoHeadedTOM I’ve been busy and every time I’ve booted up nhl 21, I just get bitter about how bad it is and turn it off. Maybe I’ll try tonight and run some tests too.

I’m as flabbergasted as you are, such a huge issue to not even be mentioned or fixed after two months on the market.
Message 81 of 148 (986 Views)

★ Guide
@TwoHeadedTOM on that refund update... only applies to the UK Frown
Message 82 of 148 (956 Views)

★ Guide
@SkylerJames13 "scraps" is the perfect terminology. Their operations budget has clearly shifted to online modes like HUT. With EA NHL, they don't care about making a good game, they just want a cheap & easy profit.
Message 83 of 148 (907 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Can we please get a fix for this? I’m done editing rosters, and after one run through of franchise this bug is so so so BRUTAL. It doesn’t even make sense... 

Message 84 of 148 (883 Views)

★★★ Guide
@bruinfan17 I hope cyberpunk sets a new standard for the state that games can be released in. Nhl 21 wasn’t as brutal as cyberpunk, but nhl 21 is also 1/10000th of a game that cyberpunk is.
I wouldn’t hold your breath on a fix any time soon. We haven’t seen any substantial fixes for FM so far besides maybe two(of hundreds) game breaking bugs.
Message 85 of 148 (878 Views)

★★★ Novice

Bumping to the top, this is still not fixed. Really unbelievable. 

Message 86 of 148 (822 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Doing the same thing ^^^

Message 87 of 148 (794 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Also merry Christmas everyone :D

Message 88 of 148 (793 Views)

★★★ Guide
@TwoHeadedTOM Merry Christmas dude, and to everyone. Maybe in the new year FM and BAP will get some bug fixes?? I doubt they will make the modes playable by any means, but maybe a few steps.. even if it’s 2 steps forward and 1 step back. Better than the 100 steps back and no steps forward the modes took this year.

All of these bugs have really left a sour taste in my mouth, and nhl 21 has just sat idle in my ps4 storage eating up space. And it’s turned me off of nhl 20, haven’t played that one in over a month, because EA has just ruined the series for me for now. If they ever do fix this years game, maybe I’ll get back into it. I love hockey. And I miss it.

But I’m thinking we’ll ll have to wait until next year for a playable game
Message 89 of 148 (746 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I noticed something interesting while playing NHL 20. You know how after you sim to regular season players might minorly decrease in overall due to the inflated overall they had in the playoffs? (Example: Miro Heiskanen was a 94 after posting 25 points in 23 playoffs games in 2024, when I simmed to the regular season (past preseason) he dropped down back to a 92) I'm wondering if this is why they haven't fixed the issue yet in NHL 21, because they think it is just the fixing of over inflated overalls. The problem with that is that if you look at progress reports they don't experience the same negative growth than they do positive growth. And there is still noticeable decline in players even if you don't make the playoffs despite the fact that those players should have only grown in overalls.

Idk if that made any sense to y'all but it might be a possible explanation as to why this hasn't been noticed by ea. I know it's pretty pointless to speculate why they haven't fixed it but I thought I'd share it with y'all anyway. 

Happy New Year folks!

Message 90 of 148 (672 Views)