Franchise mode - Players who have a great season do much worse next year

by 13JOHNNYHOCKEY13

Original Post

Re: Franchise mode potential bug

★★★★ Apprentice

@LordDecland That is interesting.... I don't quite understand why we have to get our refund from Microsoft/Sony instead of EA though, that seems kinda dumb since EA made and update this heap of trash. But a law is a law I guess. Frankly though, I don't really want a refund. I really just want this issue to be fixed so I can play again. Lemme know if any of y'all decide to go through with this refund and lmk how it works out for ya. 

Message 71 of 148 (847 Views)

★ Guide
@LordDecland My sons play NBA 2K20 and from what I've seen, it looks great. I'm not into any other sport but hockey so I'm stuck with this pile of heaping garbage unless 2K wants to join the party.
Message 72 of 148 (833 Views)

Re: Franchise mode - Players who have a great season do much worse next year

★ Guide

Does anyone know if this happens when you create the 32nd NHL team in FM? I made Quebec (as close as I can without the proper uniforms) but haven't started yet because I hear stuff like this. I've been playing BAP in the meantime. 

Message 73 of 148 (834 Views)

★★★ Guide
@yarg232 Does what happen, the prospects not developing properly/players overalls fluctuating like crazy/inconsistently? Then the answer is yes, unless there was something else you meant that I missed
Message 74 of 148 (828 Views)

★ Guide
@SkylerJames13 Thanks SkylerJames. That's what I was asking. What a piece of dog crap. Who tested and QA'd this? Stevie Wonder?
Message 75 of 148 (819 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@yarg232 Yeah I created Seattle and that happened. If anything it happened more frequently due to the fact that expansion teams have more drafted players and or young players. However, I started that game a month ago so it might change now. But I highly doubt it.

Although I did start playing a new FM today with Dallas and I haven't noticed any drastic decrease in all of my young players.  It definitely doesn't seem as bad as it used to be. However, I do have Jason Robertson in my lineup and prior to the season starting he was an 88 and after simming to the reg season he is now an 83. So the problem is absolutely present. I'll let y'all know if I notice anything else, but unlike before it seems this issue doesn't happen with EVERY young/non-exact potential player. So it can be a bit frustrating at times to play, but I think it is somewhat playable if you have patience. 

Message 76 of 148 (811 Views)

★ Guide
@TwoHeadedTOM So many overalls and potentials are wrong, it's just ignored or not even acknowledged; there's no time spent on it, prospects will have the same weight and height for years and are locked. They have shown consistency throughout the years.
Message 77 of 148 (781 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@TwoHeadedTOMIt's what I'm going to do; it essentially goes through the retailer, who then notifies the manufacturer. The thing is though if you get a refund you could still technically buy the game on boxing day and save money. If enough people apply for refund that's a problem for EA and they will hopefully notice it (part of their revenue becomes unearned revenue which is an expense that must be paid to the retailer who then has an account receivable with EA); I'm guessing they do since their sole focus seems to be on profiting off their product/service. It's also a bad look for them, if 2K notices it they might get ideas.

Message 78 of 148 (776 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@LordDecland Hmmm, well if u have success in getting a refund then I might think about doing it too. B/c you're absolutely right, I bought the game for 60 bucks but I saw the game going for something like 30 bucks now and that wasn't even on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Plz update us on how it goes, may the force be with you friend. 

Message 79 of 148 (763 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

So as I mentioned before I decided to start a FM to see if anything has changed or improved. The first two or three seasons the problem was relatively minor. There was still significant decline in players that should have only improved, but at first that was only with a couple players. However, by the fourth season, there was DRASTIC decline in almost every player where there really shouldn't have been. If you look at the progress reports, you can clearly see the issue, and I know people have mentioned this before, perhaps in this very thread. In the progress reports every player has the exact same negative growth as they do positive growth. Roope Hintz (I'm playing as the Dallas Stars) was an 86 overall prior to the season starting, then dropped back down to an 83 once I simulated to the regular season. I really don't know how this hasn't been fixed yet, but it makes me incredibly frustrated and caused me to just turn the game off. 

You'd figure after near 80 replies pleading with EA for change, you'd get something, anything back from them. If this isn't fixed in the next update I am really going to flip. 

Message 80 of 148 (717 Views)