Franchise mode - Players who have a great season do much worse next year

by 13JOHNNYHOCKEY13

Original Post

Re: Franchise mode potential bug

★★ Pro

@SkylerJames13 I get what you are saying. I definitely think we are all pretty much on the same page here.

First things first, let's get the bugs worked out.

Message 51 of 148 (925 Views)

★ Guide
@SchulzEricT you should check out the customization available in NBA 2K, it's stellar. And if their fans/players ever want certain customization they get it.
Message 52 of 148 (926 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@LordDecland Unfortunately EA and NHL signed a multi year contract with each other so I don't think they will be breaking ties any time soon. I really don't know why the NHL decided to renew the deal frankly. As you say 2k offers SO MUCH more than EA. The amount of depth, detail and customization really tempts me into becoming a basketball fan. And isn't that the point? To have a game so good and so in depth that people who don't follow or even really like the topic buy it and try it out and enjoy it? I highly doubt that's the case with EA's NHL, especially this year. And honestly, I don't blame anyone for not getting sucked into EA's broken promises that this year is the year, I applaud them. Sadly, I am one of those idiots who believes them time and time again. 

Anyways thanks for checking it out to see if it's still broken. Still baffles me that they didn't fix this with yesterdays patch. Maybe someday (probably not anytime soon if ever) they will get their act together and produce an NHL game that is actually good. 

I'd imagine part of the contract the NHL signed with EA has a no compete clause, meaning they can't cooperate with another producer like 2k which is sad. I'd love to see two versions of this game, one EA and one 2k. That way both really have to try and put effort in and perhaps listen to their player base every once in a while. *sigh* …only if

Message 53 of 148 (922 Views)

★★ Pro

@TwoHeadedTOM 

The deal between EA and the NHL is non exclusive. 2K could get a license and make an NHL game if they wanted to.

Message 54 of 148 (912 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Beauts90 How dare you give me hope Frown

Message 55 of 148 (869 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Once again simply bumping this topic to the top. Like I said previously I expect this issue to be resolved with the next monthly update. If it doesn't.... well.... just goes to show how bad this game and its developers really are. 

Message 56 of 148 (803 Views)

Re: Franchise mode - Players who have a great season do much worse next year

★★★ Newbie

I just finished my 2nd season in franchise mode with the canucks, and before pre season of my 3rd year my teams overalls were higher like Hughes went up 2 overall same with my 1st round pick from the year before but once regular season started they were back down in overall. 

Message 57 of 148 (783 Views)

★ Guide
@Beauts90 Good to know. Boy do I wish 2K would jump on this and see how many frustrated players are out here and consider making their own NHL game.
Message 58 of 148 (753 Views)

★★★ Guide
@yarg232 Yeah, EA just hasn’t done anything except put the majority of their resources towards HUT and their loot box gambling mechanics. The offline modes are always just given scraps, and end up becoming broken game modes that were given only half an effort.
It’s so sad that after two months, I still cannot play franchise mode, or BAP.
Message 59 of 148 (746 Views)

★ Guide
@SkylerJames13 and yesterday's patch update was fixing some jerseys and a stick!
Message 60 of 148 (741 Views)