Franchise mode - Players who have a great season do much worse next year

by 13JOHNNYHOCKEY13

Original Post

Re: Franchise mode potential bug

★★★ Guide
@Phoenix0029 I played it for 2-3 days, and haven’t played it since. What a garbage game. It’s amazing what the company does to this game and how they treat their fan base. We’ve asked for so little for so many years and still, year after year we get shafted.
Why does FM have so many bugs that makes it unplayable? Isn’t the point of a game, is to be able to play it?
Message 11 of 148 (1,233 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

What's even more frustrating is the fact that NO ONE from EA has even responded yet. You look at the other threads and almost all of them have been responded to by EA. It's really disappointing that this issue hasn't been brought the front of the list of issues with this game, or at least somewhere other than the bottom of the list, or even addressed by EA. SMH  

Message 12 of 148 (1,225 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I’m glad you’ve mentioned this. Has anyone heard anything on when this will be fixed? I agree with everyone, it’s literally makes the game unplayable, and it’s literally always something every year with this game but this is the worst in awhile. You’re ripping off your consumers if an entire game mode doesn’t work properly. 

Message 13 of 148 (1,200 Views)

★★★ Guide
@TwoHeadedTOM Every thread about HUT gets instant replies, but we have to constantly post in the FM/BAP threads before we even get a reply. And sometimes we never do. And if we do, it’s always “we don’t have any information right now, wait for an update that might never come”
It’s such a shame, the most dedicated loyal players are always abused and neglected
Message 14 of 148 (1,180 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@AustinMD32 I private messaged one of the EA help guys and all they said is that there is nothing that they personally can do so they didn't reply to the thread. He also said that the game production people review the threads and make updates as necessary. I guess they're all out to lunch because this has been an issue for a long time and no one from EA (who can actually do anything) have said a thing. All we can do is sit and wait for the game to become playable, if it ever does. 

Message 15 of 148 (1,172 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Simply commenting to bump this up the list of bug reports. Hopefully this issue will get resolved in the monthly update. 

Message 16 of 148 (1,119 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Any idea when the next monthly update will occur?

Message 17 of 148 (1,100 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@AustinMD32 Absolutely no idea I'm afraid. They usually announce if a big update is coming a couple days before hand. I think last month it wasn't until November 12th that the monthly update came in that fixed auto scouting. Hopefully we won't have to wait another 11 days, but honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we did. I would expect in the next week or two we will know something solid. 

Message 18 of 148 (1,093 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@AustinMD32 Hang on.... According the TheClapperton on twitter (he's an EA community manager) an update is coming this week. I'll C/P his tweet.

"#NHL21 Patch this week

Fixes to Franchise mode trade values, record book and created player default skating.

New HUT matchmaking mechanic

(detailed blog coming soon)

Gameplay updates and fixes"

I'm really hoping by fixing trade values they also fix the player potential bug. Honestly if they don't I'm going to be really pissed. But for now I'm going to remain optimistic and say that the franchise mode will finally be playable soon. 

Message 19 of 148 (1,092 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

That’s fantastic, I don’t have Twitter but had anyone tweeted at him about the potential bug? For me that was the only bug that made it unplayable 

Message 20 of 148 (1,083 Views)