Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? Playstation 4 Pro
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred August 22, 11 PM
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug I am in my second season of franchise mode. When I simulated from the end of the preseason to week one of the regular season, the game cut 3 of my best players along with some lower players. The game says I have 53/53 players now, but I counted and realized it's actually 48/53. So now I'm out my starting QB, WR, and FS and I'm done with this mode. This is not the first time this issue has occurred, but this was the worst time.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play through franchise mode and see if it happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? Players are automatically cut from my team, even though I have the right number of players. Bringing my team to a lower number of players than I can play with.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see this, and the other issues fixed in the game. I.e. rookie development traits not unlocking. Some sort of compensation for lost time I put into a franchise mode that screwed me over.
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Message 1 of 49 (3,669 Views)

Re: Franchise cut players

★★★ Novice

Pretty frustrating that I can't even get a response on this from EA. 

Message 2 of 49 (3,599 Views)

Roster player count inaccurate

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Democrats suk69
Date/time issue occurred Always
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug It says I have 53 men on my roster but I have 46, also whenever I search league stats, scroll to NFL it will not show any players on my team showing up on sack, TFL, or INT even if I’m leading the league
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fix the software
What happens when the bug occurs? I get pissed of, the game cut 9 of my valuable players down to 46 including a kicker and punter while saying I have 53
What do you expect to see? A fix

It’s very annoying

EA_Blueberry: Edited post title to match bug description

Message 3 of 49 (3,452 Views)

Re: 2 errors

★★★★ Apprentice

@Calvinphag wrote:

Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Democrats suk69
Date/time issue occurred Always
Which part of the mode? Cloud
Summarize your bug It says I have 53 men on my roster but I have 46, also whenever I search league stats, scroll to NFL it will not show any players on my team showing up on sack, TFL, or INT even if I’m leading the league
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Fix the software
What happens when the bug occurs? I get pissed of, the game cut 9 of my valuable players down to 46 including a kicker and punter while saying I have 53
What do you expect to see? A fix

It’s very annoying

I've also noticed the league stats issue. My fs had 16 picks but wouldn't show up in the nfl list for most ints.

Message 4 of 49 (3,411 Views)

★ Apprentice

Its counting the practice squad players against the 53 man roster, which isn't suppose to happen. EA needs to fix these bugs asap. The game is unplayable otherwise.

Message 5 of 49 (3,542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Finally, I thought I screwed up in setting up the game. WELL, I've got the same problem. The adjust lineup number on mine, OH, I'm on PS4, shows 52/53, when my active roster count is 53. Now, when I first saw this, I went and looked for a free agent, signed him, all was fine, UNTIL, I advanced to the next week. At that point, cpu said I had too many players and had to cut one. So, I then took a head count of my roster, and it had  players. Next, the counter was showing 54/53, at that time, I had to release, the cpu wouldn't let me play the football game, a player. I restarted Madden, came back into the adjust lineup tab, it now showed, 52/53. OK, with that said, and much frustration, I got into the ea help chat, talked with a person, obviously, others have the same problem, at which time, I was informed the dev team is aware of the problem and will attempt too remedy the bug. So, here we sit, broken hearted, went to *, and only farted. When is the, ummmmm, FIX coming, you're guess is as good as mine.

Message 6 of 49 (3,525 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Swoosh2355 So, have you tried anything with the practice squad to see if the adjust lineup numbers changed any, for instance, releasing 1 or 2 from the PS?
Message 7 of 49 (3,521 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes I cut everyone off the practice squad put people back onto the roster to 53, but for some reason even though my settings have it where only I am suppose to fill the roster or cut players, the CPU is doing it on its own, cutting whoever it wants and putting people back on the ps.

Message 8 of 49 (3,501 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Same here, I released everyone on the ps list. I then went in and added a player to the active roster. After that I started a weekly practice and right off the bat, I got the too many players screen and had too cut 1 and adjust the depth chart. And that's not all, I went back to my active roster and found one of my second string rookies had been cut, that I didn't do. So here's the thing, in this condition, 20 in franchise mode is unplayable. Reason, should during a game a couple of players get hurt for a lengthy period and in order too have a full roster is too sign free agents,  the cpu will not allow us to do so. I'm not sure what version of this piece of crap you have, either way, we got royally screwed. Guess I'll go back too playing 19. What I should do is take 20 out to a shooting range, and blow the hell out of it, take pics and send to ea and tell them where they can stick this. I think we should start a social media event, get more and more frustrated madden 20 players on board and spread a smear campaign to inform people not too buy this. I'm starting on facbook, going over to MEWE, and go from there.

Message 9 of 49 (3,481 Views)

Game doesnt register 53 man roster

★ Apprentice

In franchise mode off line the game locks up if you get down to 53 men. It'll tell you to cut more player's. Sometimes you can play with 50. And most of the time you can't play period. No matter how many you cut. It won't let you train or go into a regular season game.

Message 10 of 49 (3,480 Views)