Franchise Mode Trades

by TheTalent380

Original Post

Franchise Mode Trades

★★ Novice

Hello All

Just noticed last night that trades between cpu teams are not going through in Franchise mode. 

J. Toews was traded to Tampa. Checked after, Toews was still with Chicago. No trades went through. They’re still listed in the message center, but the players don’t move. 

Simmed a new dynasty and the same happened. 

Curious if this is a known bug or if anyone else has experienced this, and of course if there’s a fix. 

Message 1 of 15 (1,224 Views)

Franchise possible bug, Trades

★★ Novice

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Franchise Mode
What happens when the bug occurs? Players traded during the deadline stay on original team. Toews, Subban, etc were traded at the deadline but still remained on their teams.
What do you expect to see? Traded players on their new team.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) This Weekend
What is your time zone? CST - GMT - 6:00
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? ThaTalent
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here. Na
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region. Na
What is your game language? English

Trades executed during the deadline aren’t going through. Players remain on their same team. No cpu to cpu trades go through ever. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? It’s been this way with 5 simmed franchises. 

Message 2 of 15 (1,180 Views)

Re: Franchise Mode Trades

★★ Pro

I wish the majority of trades that happened at the deadline didn't go through as most of them are ridiculous. I have never had this happen to me, but there were a quite few posts of trades not going through before. I think they were usually trades involving users and not cpu to cpu though.

Message 3 of 15 (1,203 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've said it before, I'll say it again: they need to give us full control over our Franchise/Be A GM mode.
Allow us to force trades that the AI rejects, allow us to make CPU-CPU trades, allow us to veto trades the CPU makes. So many of the trades are so terrible and bone-headed; just have a pop-up for every trade and allow us to decide whether or not to let it happen, so we can reject some terrible trades. The AI will NEVER be good enough; that's fine. I can reconcile myself to that; I'm not going to rage at EA for not getting the AI to be smart enough to intelligently plan out a rebuild over a 2-3 season stretch. All they have to do is allow us to have oversight on our Be A GM mode so that we can help guide the other 30 teams in the league so that we can keep the game at least semi-realistic.

(Also, allow us to edit players FULLY - not just positions and roles and hair, but even ratings and potential and names/nationality/face, height/weight. Allow us to force retirements, or veto a retirement. Allow us to choose a personality type for players - at least our created players. Allow us to edit stats, even - I create a character to draft and play as in my Be A GM, and I want to give him the OHL stats that I got back in NHL 12 when I played 2 full junior seasons, not the underwhelming stats the game has him sim as. Also, I've had several players have their assists stolen from them for no reason, so I'd like to fix that. Not to mention the GWG problem.)

Message 4 of 15 (1,192 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I mean, I saw the Avs let Landeskog walk, and I was surprised because I didn't think their cap situation was that bad. Burakovsky also left and was signed to some other team... which I could understand if he was overpaid (I'm a Caps fan; he's a very talented player but he's not consistent enough. I think his stats are at least partially a product of a perfect environment. If he's demanding $4-5M, let him walk, IMO.)
I looked at their cap space... they had $20M free cap room. Why'd they let Landeskog walk? That would NEVER happen. Imagine if you could just look through everybody's rosters at the end of the offseason but before anybody's played a preseason game; trade Landeskog and a 7th to the Avs for a 7th, then flip 7ths again so it's as if Landeskog never left in the 1st place.

It'd be time-consuming, but I'd be more than happy to go through all teams' rosters before the preseason to fix what needs to be fixed (and also see what teams improved, who they added), then again near the deadline to move a few pieces to free up cap space, help some rebuilding teams acquire picks and prospects, help a few contenders or fringe playoff teams get a boost... I'd be more than happy to put in the time if I could actually make moves for everybody and in return I'd get a Be A GM experience in which teams made smart moves and planned for the future, with bad teams rebuilding patiently and smartly, and good teams making shrewd moves to prepare for the playoffs.

Message 5 of 15 (1,191 Views)

★★ Novice

Couldnt possibly agree with you more. 

Full  control. The whole point of franchise is to get the year over year experience. 

I spend a bunch of time on rosters too. I want to see vets move on to contending teams and others tank for draft picks and prospects. It’s fundamental. 

I only play offline. This really does ruin the game for me. Hope there is a fix 

Message 6 of 15 (1,179 Views)

★★ Novice

By the way. All of those phantom trades that never went through happened on the new trade deadline mode. Terrible. 

Message 7 of 15 (1,178 Views)

★★★ Guide
@TheTalent380 It’s insane how broken FM is this year. Every time they try to add something (trade deadline this year) they break the entire game mode. Same with BAP. They supposedly “revamped” it, but they just broke the entire game mode and made it unplayable just like FM. The offline players get shafted every year. And Eric is right, as always. We need the customization they always take away. So we can play the game and fix the breaks every time. At least it’d be playable then.
Message 8 of 15 (1,142 Views)

★★ Pro

I definitely want to see good teams look for that extra piece at the deadline, even if it’s an overpay and of course I like to see rebuilders sell off players for futures. The last few years of this series the deadline has been nothing and very few teams were actually making these types of trades.

However, as I’ve said many times here, the addition of the trade deadline and changing team states to seller, buyer, etc… ruins the mode for anybody that wants realism. There is absolutely no thought for past or future of teams or even team ratings. The top 3rd of the league (buyer status) all sell off any assets including their best prospects and multiple 1st round picks.  The bottom 3rd (seller status) sell off any and all players even if they are under contract for many years after and are cornerstones of the franchise. Even if these teams are having abnormal seasons such as a team like St. Louis missing the playoffs or Anaheim being first in the pacific.

Anaheim traded Drysdale (elite potential), two 1sts and two 2nds for rental players, while ST. Louis traded Schenn, Dunn, Krug, Perron and Binnington. Others traded were Barzal (NYI), Tkachuck (CGY), Miller (VAN) and Perfetti (WPG) just to name a few. Of course, the next year Anaheim was back to the basement and had no picks or their top prospect and the same thing happened to other teams at the next deadline.

Message 9 of 15 (1,138 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Beauts90 The fact that this is still happening is so annoying and frustrating. The AI GMs are so incompetent, and everything they do never makes sense. I don’t understand why they still haven’t fixed this. For years they’ve been bad, but this year has been especially bad when they “tried” to “revamp” the trade values/logic. Just made it worse really.
Message 10 of 15 (1,070 Views)