Re: Franchise Mode Stuck Simulating

by kguy1900

Original Post

★★★ Guide
@davehoehn970 Even though I know all the EA mods don’t like me, and I’ve been super critical and whiny about this game, I do it for a reason. I don’t want to be the only one. I’m trying to rally others so that we actually have a voice. They can’t listen to us if they don’t hear us.

Even then, they likely still won’t anyways. But we can at least try
Message 11 of 16 (843 Views)

★★ Pro

Although I have always bought this game on or close to release day, the deep dive notes for FM do always get me a little hyped for the new game. It always sounds like they have addressed most of the issues from the previous year that I had problems with, until you start playing the game and realize that a lot of the new features in the game have created more problems. If you look back on previous years notes, one of the biggest things they always try to improve is AI GM logic and yet somehow this year they managed to throw any and all of that out the window.

I don’t know if it’s because they are preparing for NHL 22 on next gen, working from home due to COVID or a combination of the two, but it certainly feels like they just slapped some gum on the mode to hold it together for the year in order to get it released. Obviously the gum didn’t hold and what we are left with is a broken product that actually negates any progress that was made in previous years while not addressing any problems from those years.

Message 12 of 16 (813 Views)

★★★ Guide
@Beauts90 they certainly just slapped some gum on the mode and hoped we would fall for their deceit (which we did)

If EA actually supported the offline community and fixed the awful bugs they introduced, I would give them the benefit of the doubt. But if the original Star Wars battlefront 2 can STILL get patches, considering it was released 16 years (it didn’t work, and they had to revert it. But they care about their players) then I don’t see why we can’t get a bug fix.

Maybe not a great example, as different developers, different work loads etc but I just think it’s crazy that EA fixes a couple bugs (though only one or two for FM) and then buggers off, leaving us having wasted $80 on a game we can’t even play. And then they expect us to buy the new one, because they wait til the next instalment to fix the bugs. What a disgusting manipulative marketing tactic.

This will likely be my last NHL game I buy, as I have a decent gaming computer and I won’t be buying the PS5, unless I can get it for cheap. And even then, I doubt I would buy NHL 22, since they can’t seem to figure out how to release the game in a playable state and they keep locking us out of features.
Message 13 of 16 (779 Views)

★★ Novice

@SkylerJames13 Little late for a reply, but I completely agree. Bought every game since I was eight (NHL 08) so clearly a long time customer, but it feels like year after year since the jump to the Xbox One/PS4 generation the offline community has been largely shafted.

Be A Pro and some GM mode/franchise changes were definitely steps in the right direction, but they update one offline thing a year, create new bugs, then solve them next year. Meanwhile online gets constant updates and bug fixes, as they should, but we don't see the same care to offline modes, which is kind of sad.

Several offline bugs have been present since this generation started, namely the one I started this thread for.

Message 14 of 16 (714 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kguy1900 i need help i have the ps4 nhl 22 game and when i load a game and go to similating a game i pick it gets stuck on it how do i fix it can you please help me out with my question please
Message 15 of 16 (614 Views)

Community Manager
@raymond0031

Hey there.

Can you post under our NHL 22 forums please?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/NHL-22/ct-p/nhl-22-en
Blueberry.png
Message 16 of 16 (581 Views)