by marmalade72

Original Post

Franchise/Line Edit Bug

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: NHL 23
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? rnarmalade
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play franchise mode, edit your lines. Play a game. 4 on 4 and penalty kill will have the Center and Winger spots flipped.
What happens when the bug occurs? In Franchise Mode 4 on 4 and penalty kill will have the Center and Winger spots flipped. If you edit your lines it will flip them back as soon as you get into any game.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the lines stay the way I set them.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Franchise Mode
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 11:00PM
What is your time zone? NST - GMT + 12:00
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region. N/A
What is your game language? English

N/A

Message 1 of 28 (2,126 Views)

Re: Franchise/Line Edit Bug

★★★ Newbie
@marmalade72 The issue seems to impact all special line situations where you have under 5 men on the ice. The lines don’t stay as they are set even with the “coach edit lines” feature turned off.
Message 2 of 28 (2,048 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @marmalade72 

When you say you're editing lines, are you just moving the players from one position to another or did you edit the faceoff to set which player takes them under specific conditions?

Aljo.png
Message 3 of 28 (2,022 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How do you you edit the faceoff to set which player takes them under specific conditions? I see no option for this on franchise and edit penalty kill. I can only switch the players positions but they always revert back. Please note, this only happens with the PK and 4 on 4 lines. All others do as they’re instructed and stay how we set them. I should also mention the coach is not editing my lines as this feature is turned off. Thank you for your continued help with this frustrating matter.

Message 4 of 28 (1,986 Views)

Community Manager

@Jonezysomething 

Apologies for that. Lines can't be edited in Franchise mode. The team is aware of this, but I don't have an update at this time.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 28 (1,961 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The issue is in offline season mode too. Even worse is you edit the lines and when you exit, it reverts back like the changes were never made. 

Hopefully someone fixes this soon. 

Message 6 of 28 (1,933 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo the guy above missed out; it’s any time you don’t have 5 men on the ice (4 man power play, 4 man PK, 4 on 4 lines, 3 on 3 lines) it’s so annoying, please for the love of god fix this, and presentation mode 😅 that was one of the best parts of NHL 22, no idea why you guys stripped it
Message 7 of 28 (1,858 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Oh and for the love of god, please sort the goalie out for the human team in offline game mode, I play on All-Star but my goalie is like Swiss cheese (Tristan Jarry) but it’s the same on my bruises career and anyone I use, if I play a game; they normally give up 3/4 goals on about 17 shots, it’s not even high scoring chance shots, it’s silly things like deflections, loose packs that slide across the crease and the get finshed ect. They are especially shocking against the computer in 1v1 breakaways, computer just dekes and changes direction at light speed and my goalie shrinks to about half size; computer scores 9 out of 10 1v1 breakaways; which is just not realistic
Message 8 of 28 (1,857 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Bro the same problem is in season mode where the wing switches to center and that mess do u know if it’s fixed or when it will be.

Message 9 of 28 (1,674 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue for PS5. I have to swap winger and centre positions for PK lines regularly. Really frustrating when you have a 65 faceoff rating winger losing draws in a 2-2 game so the cpu can snipe one up the pooper. C'mon EA this is simple 

Message 10 of 28 (1,632 Views)

nhl-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help