franchise mode broken

by Seproth115

Original Post

Re: My coach thinks I'm a QB

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Zuridione @Finsta18 @Fallensaint1221 @jonny84dh 

The work around is to change the starting point to regular season when you create your franchise It simulates preseason and lists goals according to your position. 

The QB narrative is stuck on the one they use for face of the franchise. While this workaround is not ideal, and EA still needs to fix it, it will at least allow you to keep playing as the position you want.

Message 11 of 39 (1,600 Views)

franchise mode broken

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Seproth
Date/time issue occurred Repeatedly 8/24/2019 most recent
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug Playing as defensive player coach is giving me offensive goals. Gets angry when I "turn the ball over too many times" and cuts me by the end of pre-season. Unplayable.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply create a defensive player in Franchise mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm cut from the team regardless of performance and can't continue playing the game.
What do you expect to see? A game that understands my middle linebacker can't produce "50 yards of offense"
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Product: Madden NFL 20
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? XBOX One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Seproth
Date/time issue occurred Repeatedly 8/24/2019 most recent
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug Playing as defensive player coach is giving me offensive goals. Gets angry when I "turn the ball over too many times" and cuts me by the end of pre-season. Unplayable.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Simply create a defensive player in Franchise mode.
What happens when the bug occurs? I'm cut from the team regardless of performance and can't continue playing the game.
What do you expect to see? A game that understands my middle linebacker can't produce "50 yards of offense"
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Message 12 of 39 (1,052 Views)

Re: franchise mode broken

★★ Novice
@Seproth115 same issue. tried simming the season and maybe signing next season, ha nope. forced to retire or create a new MLB to go through the same groundhog day torture forever. real d!ck punch if you ask me for people who like playing on defense.
Message 13 of 39 (1,039 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to do an offline franchise with my sons. Everytime we start a franchise we get the coach talking to us like it's face of the franchise. He tells us what we need to do. The problem is we're in franchise mode and we have created DEFENSIVE players. So after pre season we get cut because we weren't quarterbacks and throw for td's. Get your s**t together EA. I honestly can't wait til 2K makes another football title to show you how pathetic your attempts are. Especially if they do it with an inferior league like the XFL.

Message 14 of 39 (979 Views)

Re: Incorrect Player Goals in Franchise

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem as a CB, It just shows the same messages and goals as Face of the franchise instead of position related goals.

Message 15 of 39 (973 Views)

★★ Novice
@markvalentino97 funny u say that. there is currently a new college football in development (non licensed) by https://www.imackulatevisiongaming.com/ full editing of players n teams. its been in development for over a yr. not sure if u heard of it but check it out. i think its set to release next yr. hope its good enough so i will stop buying madden.
Message 16 of 39 (923 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Seproth115 Maddening lol i have always played D and Matt Patricia is asking a Safety to have 95.0 QB rating haha
Message 17 of 39 (892 Views)

★ Novice
@jlbrowning15 I got cut as second string cb because i wasn't throwing enough td passes
Message 18 of 39 (1,510 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@jlbrowning15 same here
Message 19 of 39 (1,496 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue. How has this not been addressed yet?

Message 20 of 39 (1,466 Views)