Fracture doesn't prevent Bossk from taunting

★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Ios
OS Version Current
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 587-741-283
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Fracture doesn't prevent Bossk from losing or gaining or regaining taunt
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Thrawn against Bossk and Fracture Bossk
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

In Grand Arena i played Thrawn against a Bossk bounty hunter team. I fractured Bossk and he gained taunt. I fractured him again and he either didn't lose taunt or he regained it, despite Fracture's description of losing all buffs and not being able to gain buffs. This is contrary to the description and it cost me being able to full-clear my opponent, costing me rewards. It is fundamentally unfair that we should rely on your descriptions of an ability in trying to strategize and succeed, but your description here is completely untrue. 

Message 1 of 5 (456 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fracture doesn't prevent Bossk from taunting

[ Edited ]

@FuzzEGub Hello there.

This is working as intended. Bossk immediately regains Taunt if the weakest enemy has protection.

Events occur in this order:
1) Fracture removes buffs inc. Taunt
2) Bossk immediately regains Taunt
3) Buff immunity from the Fracture debuff is applied.

If you remove the taunt again whilst Bossk is fractured, he won't be able to regain it, but you can't prevent the first regain that happens when fracure is applied. This is also the case for Old Ben's taunt if he gets fractured.

Hope this helps.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (443 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@FuzzEGub Hello there.

This is working as intended. Bossk immediately regains Taunt if the weakest enemy has protection.

Events occur in this order:
1) Fracture removes buffs inc. Taunt
2) Bossk immediately regains Taunt
3) Buff immunity from the Fracture debuff is applied.

If you remove the taunt again whilst Bossk is fractured, he won't be able to regain it, but you can't prevent the first regain that happens when fracure is applied. This is also the case for Old Ben's taunt if he gets fractured.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 5 (444 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Then the description should make that clear. Bossk's description read he immediately regains taunt "which can't be prevented the first time per turn."  Problem solved, and people won't waste a Thrawn.  It's ridiculous that fracture is applied but only half way, and the only source of that information is gossip and not in the description.

Message 3 of 5 (363 Views)

@FuzzEGub Sorry, I could have been slightly more clear above. Fracture on its own can't prevent the first reapplication of the taunt. If Bossk had Taunt and Buff Immunity before he was Fractured, he won't regain it once Fracture is used, which would void your suggested correction to the description.

At least you are now aware if this interaction, so you can plan for it. I've found modding Thrawn to be as fast as possible to be a good strategy, you can get Fracture in before any taunts are raised.

Message 4 of 5 (355 Views)

★★ Novice
@FuzzEGub Similar situation happened years ago with Old Ben Taunt.
Fracture is explained in that post from CG Dev Team. It is working as intended.

"Thrawn will dispel before he applies Fracture, which will trigger Old Bens re-taunt before the Fracture is applied."

Same thing apply for Bossk.

Quote from other post:

CG_feltz916
61 POSTSSWGOH DEV TEAM › SWGOH DEV TEAMSeptember 30, 2017 6:54PM
He cannot taunt if Buff Immunity or Fracture is already on him. If you want to prevent Old Ben from regaining his taunt, you would need to apply a Buff Immunity first before dispelling his taunt. Unfortunately, Thrawn will dispel before he applies Fracture, which will trigger Old Bens re-taunt before the Fracture is applied.

Source: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/135850/old-ben-taunt-working-inspite-of-b...

Hope this help.
Message 5 of 5 (267 Views)