Re: Fps suddenly drops from 100 to 45 while in game.

by The-Nazguul

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fps suddenly drops from 100 to 45 while in game.

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GTX 1650 Ti
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? witzk0pf
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Valkyrie
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. In firing range, near the weapon stands.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Shooting the bots.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 31.05.2021 20:15 (GMT+5:30)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? I open the game and load into firing range. I move around and shoot the targets for a while, then after a couple of minutes, the fps suddenly drops from 100 to 45 and remains at 45 fps. This happened during an arena match which I have played at the same time. I tried restarting my laptop, restarting the game, verifying the file integrity in steam, but nothing fixed the problem. I have played other games in my laptop after encountering this bug in Apex, but they all ran fine without any fps drops.
What should be happening instead? The fps should be stable
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.

Fps suddenly drops from 100 to 45 while in game.

Message 1 of 14 (1,440 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @witzk0pf

How are your hardware temperatures looking? I'm wondering if your CPU or GPU might be running hot. If the FPS starts normal and then drops it could be due to throttling. 

/Kent

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (1,402 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @witzk0pf

How are your hardware temperatures looking? I'm wondering if your CPU or GPU might be running hot. If the FPS starts normal and then drops it could be due to throttling. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 14 (1,403 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same stuttering issue. In the text shows 120 fps but it is like 25-30fps. I am using laptop idepad gaming 3 15. Spec is: i5 10300h, gtx 1650 ti, 8gb ram, 120hz.

Message 3 of 14 (1,361 Views)

★★★ Newbie

And this problem only occurs in apex. Sorry for my bad english (not my native language).

Message 4 of 14 (1,359 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CLIENT SIDE MAN! Its a server side issue with people having HIGH CPU usage..., If you guys dont get on the ball soon, you will FRY anyone who doesnt realize their CPU is ay 80-100% when playing apex after the update... its 100% server side

Message 5 of 14 (1,327 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @specwolf82

We've passed along the reports we've been seeing of the high CPU usage some people are getting. That just recently started happening after this thread was created. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 6 of 14 (1,267 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

with all respect Sir but i think that world edge Map,,  cause a leak of Vram , ,, i notice that the Vram ingame start increasing more then Normal ,
so after reaching the total Vram so when that happens the Game start using the Rams so ,, that cause Drop of FPS cuz the temps are normal
this leak of Vram happens after 15min of every match , ( i mean if i play more time in the match the Vram increasing )  

Message 7 of 14 (1,258 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@The-Nazguul I don't think its vram tho, my GTX 1660Ti has 6GB VRAM yet only got 40-60fps in low texture streaming , before update i usually play at 100-120fps
Message 8 of 14 (1,255 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yes this is happens cuz of leak of Vram i think it's happens to You in world Edge more then KingC,  
Try to see if the game use more Vram when you play more time in the Single match , Use MSI AfterB. 
and try to survive the game more time in game without any fight and you will see the Drop of FPS and the game Use All Your Gpu Ram ( Vram ) then you will notice that The RAMs start increasing too ,, if this happen 100% you will see the Drop of FPS

Message 9 of 14 (1,254 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@MerIinchim sure it's Vram leak , he is using 4Gb Vram ,
you too if you put your streaming Texture to default you will see how Vram used in world Edge ,, The GPU start Using Ram  system
try it and you will see

Message 10 of 14 (1,252 Views)