[Gameplay] player is stuck in slow motion (no sprinting although key is working)

by Crothrok

Original Post

[Gameplay] player is stuck in slow motion (no sprinting although key is working)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 22
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which console generation do you have? Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? YetiMachete2960
Date/time issue occurred August 21
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Face of the Franchise
Summarize your bug Player is stuck in the walking animation, can’t sprint and moves at 10% of his normal speed almost as if he’s stuck in slow motion
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not my job
What happens when the bug occurs? Game is unplayable, I’m a WR who can’t make it 5 yards before the play is over
What do you expect to see? The bug fixed
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

1. Player is stuck in slow motion

[EDIT: slightly modified the thread title to improve clarity if other players face the same issue]

Message 2 of 30 (19,795 Views)

My dude runs like he is 80 running away from the nurses in the nursing home

★★ Novice

Product: Madden NFL 22
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which console generation do you have? Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Aquatic_SpazzzYT
Date/time issue occurred 08/21/21
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Face of the Franchise
Summarize your bug My shadow prototype running back(94 Speed) is running like he’s 80 years old he physically won’t sprint, it lets me sprint in MUT and other franchise modes tho
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play face of the franchise up to to week 9 of rookie season
What happens when the bug occurs? My dude runs like he’s crippled
What do you expect to see? Him run like he didn’t just tear his acl
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? No idea
Enter RAM memory size in GB No idea

BadYeah yeah

Message 1 of 30 (19,743 Views)

Re: Madden 22 face of franchise player: slow motion bug

★★★ Newbie
@Crothrok Mine also just started doing this. It’s like when the ball hikes my WR runs in slow motion then as soon as another player catches the ball I go full speed to block.
Message 3 of 30 (19,751 Views)

Madden 22 Sprinting on controller not working

★★ Novice

Using an xbox elite series 2 controller on pc. First few hours of gameplay was fine but now the sprinting is not working for any player I control. The playmat works before hikes to see the play but as soon as I hike and get the ball, the player will not sprint. I have tried restarting computer, changing controllers, changing direct x, and nothing seems to work. So now I'm playing with out sprinting. I have read some forums and seems like this is an issue for the past few years for many people. Why has this not been fixed?

Message 4 of 30 (18,909 Views)

★★★ Novice

What I figured out was if you finish that game in slow motion it will continue for the rest of the season but with my HB who was doing the same thing I simulated to the next week and it fixed itself. Kinda dumb that you give up a week but I hope it helps

Message 5 of 30 (19,684 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Crothrok Only problem is I want to be undefeated and this could ruin that.
Message 6 of 30 (19,652 Views)

Re: [FotF] player is stuck in slow motion

★★★★★ Newbie
@Crothrok Same is happening on PC. This game must have been the biggest rush project with how many bugs/ character animation glitches there are. They couldn't even be bothered to put the time in to line up the dialog with the captions. Half the time, something completely different is said. If you are reading this EA.. FIX YOUR GAME. THIS IS DISGUSTING.
Message 7 of 30 (19,650 Views)

Sprinting not working

★★ Novice

I am playing Face of the Franchise as a RB. I am halfway through my first season and my player just stopped sprinting. He is not hurt as far as I know. Other players are still sprinting on my team when I control them.

Message 8 of 30 (18,897 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Crothrok This happens in week 9 - I believe, because you get a giant speed bonus for one of the challenges and now your speed is over 100 which resets it back to like 10 speed. It’s a bug EA needs to fix to get passed week 9 in face of the franchise. Please fix this *!
Message 9 of 30 (19,458 Views)

★★★ Novice
@WEStheWHALE11 It also has my running back playing QB on all practices and challenges. It’s very annoying.
Message 10 of 30 (19,453 Views)