Re: Forwardbase Kodai

by EA_David

Original Post

Forwardbase Kodai

★ Novice

Product: Titanfall 2
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Summarize your bug Titan becomes partially non-responsive on Forwardbase Kodai
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Be unlucky and dash around on the Forwardbase Kodai map.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can shoot, can't move. Solution: Death
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to move and survive.

This happens specifically on the map 'Forwardbase Kodai'.  Randomly while in combat, the titan becomes partially unresponsive.  The "X" button, D-pad, and left stick no longer do anything.  At the beginning of each round, I can press up on the D-pad, indicating that I am ready, and that works, but my titan does not activate Self-Destruct like it should.  I can not move my titan, nor eject.  I can aim, shoot, crouch, use abilities, and dash, but that is all.  I have tried many different things, such as removing my batteries, but that did not fix anything.  I can exit the game and experience normal controls, so it is specific to the game.  I have had several successful matches on various maps, but it only (and always) causes problems on the 'Kodai' map.  The only solution I have found is to let the AI kill me, and respawn.  The problem is also no limited to any specific titan.  I have had it with Ronin, Monarch, and Legion.

Message 1 of 2 (952 Views)

Re: Forwardbase Kodai

Community Manager

@Zammanti Thanks for the post, this sounds odd alright. From the description I'd guess that the game is struggling to load the map assets, and freezing when this happens. 

To start with I'd make sure that all the console's ports are free of dust and that there is sufficient airflow. Overheating can have some performance impacts and perhaps that's a factor here. It might not be the issue, but it's worth checking for anyway.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/ventilation

You may also want to try a reinstall of the game itself, perhaps a fresh set of game files will help. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (937 Views)